Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago I replaced my stock pipes with a new set of Arrows. I like them and the sound is good as well. Any way I bought an adjustable rear stand yesterday and as I am looking at the rear of the bike I notice that the left pipe is lower than the right one. Not for much however enough to make me think that perhaps I did something wrong. I have check everything I know to check on the installation and brackets and I can't figure it out. So my question is:
Is any one else out there with a lower exhaust pipe on your bike? Is there anything I can do to fix it.
It is just about a 1/4" or less.
thank you.

S

·
0 Posts
it's not unusual for fitment to be slightly quirky. loosen up the mounts, giggle the cans to where they're even, and tighten back up. you may need to go so far as to loosen the headers from the cylinders as well.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you s4strati, will do

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hey Juan,
I just purchased a pair of arrows for my 03 10000DS, mine are very noticable.
And this whole time I thought I was standing crooked.

P

·
0 Posts
Ive got myself a hig mounted Remus titanium, the andle is slightly different and they are 1 cm difference in how far apart from the bike the pipes go. So I guess that more or less any brand will not fit perfectly. That sucks.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I have standard mount Remus, and after a very detailed cleaning yesterday I noticed that the 2 pipes fit differently into the header pipe. Never noticed before, but I tried to fix it with no avail. I guess it's just the way sh!t goes when you modify something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts