Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone here hae a lower cowl on their bike thinkin' front fairing and lower cowl for first mods?? anny comments??

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My S4 came with a "chin" fairing on it, it's not the big belly pan that I've seen on some. It looks really good. I can post a picture if you'd like. As far as the fairing, I took mine off and it's not going back on... :)

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Some pics would be awesome. I don't like extra parts that make the bike look less 'naked' generally. But if it were small enough, and had some aerodynamic benefit, I might be persuaded...

(Does the lower cowl/chin fairing have any aerodynamic benefit?)

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
anything that lives directly behind the front wheel is
probably more cosmetic. a little wind tunnel testing
could clear it up. the upper fairing / wind screen are
much more important for drag coefficient.

·
Registered
669 Posts
king ... you ride without pipes? or was that a mid-mod shot?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My pipes are in Strati's hands... :) I started it a couple times without the cans on... holy crap! Deafening!

king ... you ride without pipes? or was that a mid-mod shot?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My lower cowl looks exactly like that above. Not sure about aerodynamics, but it looks cool -- gives the bike kind of a "complete" look. I bought it from a guy on this list for 100 bucks, a great deal.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
spareshack.com has a couple of lower cowls for monsters. plus some other cool mods. i also have a dp c/f front fairing on my 900 looks pretty cool, and helps a little with wind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts