Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[smiley=idea.gif] Great tech question......I know I will need to tune the FI system when finished but here is my idea....Come from the back exhaust header and go directly to my CF pipe on the left side. Cut out the x-over and straight pipe the front header back through the bike to the right side canister. hhhmmm food for thought.. actually probably run better that way and there would be less heat for the passenger on the left side. Is is possible? Hate to hack off the header system and have to replace it! but doing this should also improve my clearance in cornering due to the header x-over removal.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
there'll be a bit of a power-loss if you cut out the x-over. reason being when one cylinder's exhaust rushes out the piping, it creates something of a vacuum effect in the other cylinder's header and sucks out residual gasses. this only really effects low to mid-range in the RPM's but isn't that where you do most of your riding?
not to say it's impossible or even a very bad idea. if you DO go for it though, i'd definately recommend making sure your cylinders' headers are the same length to simplify tuning.

if it didn't effect ridability/power in any way, i think a very cool setup would be to have the forward cylinder's muffler crammed right under the engine and the rear cylinder's muffler crammed right under the seat. to keep cornering clearance in tact for the front muffler and rear wheel clearance in tact for the rear muffler, some wedge designs would be required but damn... i think it would look groovy.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Crossover helps on the sound level too, splits the pulse up, half for each muffler. Cuts out the "stereo" effect too.

Maybe you were thinking of a system like this? ;D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts