Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have lowmount carbon cans on my 98 m900. I would love to go highmounts. I was wondering if there was a midpipe i could buy for this.

i have also got a local shop who is interested in doing this for me. they would do it for less than 200 bucks. but i am concerned about heat and how close the pipes should be to my seat. if you can tell me how far away they need to be or whether the heat will even matter since they are carbon and dont seem to get very hot. I know i am going to be asking alot of questions this winter and i thank you all for the answers.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am not really sure what type of pipes they are. they have no markings whatsoever. they are carbon with polished tips and midpipes, they attach with a triangle type bracket to my rearsets.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
$200 would be a good deal for a custom job, but also keep in mind what you could sell your used ones for and buy new high-pipes for that it isnt cheaper (prob not in this case)

close is fine so long as they dont touch

·
Registered
132 Posts
Also, ask what material they will be using for the piping. Many times, mild steel piping is used and you must paint it so it doesn't rust. I personally would want nice, thick stainless which your average shop doesn't generally do.

-Danimal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts