Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what the hell is going behind me :)

Anyone can tell me if this CRG Hindsight Lane Split Billet Bar-End Mirrors are good quality? will they vibrate like the oem mirrors?

Any other alternative?

I need them to fold cause the bike needs to get through a narrow door every day :)

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've got these mirrors on my Thruxton. Top notch quality. No vibrations.

But you can't see squat :frown

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have CRG Arrows and I can tell you they look great and no vibration. Plus they flip up so when I park in the garage they do not take up any room. Cant say enough about it. Single best mod i made.

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had the cheap ass eBay replica version on the 696. they work just fine to me.
Don't know why you having problems. One of the mirror shook loose but a dab of blue loctite goes a long way.

·
Registered
200 Posts
And thats my point. I already spent a mint on the bike that should have come with better/working mirrors. So I'm not willing to spend a bundle on something that should have worked in the first place...

My 20 buck mirrors work just as well as 200 buck mirrors and they look good. They don't look cheap and as a matter of fact at the last Ducati club ride I had a few people ask me what brand and where I got them...

Dude you spent mint on the bike the mirrors were like 200 bucks.

·
Registered
498 Posts
And thats my point. I already spent a mint on the bike that should have come with better/working mirrors. So I'm not willing to spend a bundle on something that should have worked in the first place...

My 20 buck mirrors work just as well as 200 buck mirrors and they look good. They don't look cheap and as a matter of fact at the last Ducati club ride I had a few people ask me what brand and where I got them...
Thats cool enjoy

·
Registered
778 Posts
From what I've gathered on motorcycle mirrors, you can either look good or see good, but not both.
I tried bar ends and got tired of looking at my elbows. Went back to the stalk style and now see even more of my elbows...

·
Registered
498 Posts
From what I've gathered on motorcycle mirrors, you can either look good or see good, but not both.
I tried bar ends and got tired of looking at my elbows. Went back to the stalk style and now see even more of my elbows...
Not sure what you mean my CRG arrows are great I can even see leaned over with peripheral vision. The stalks that came with the bike were ridiculous.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Don't know if you have a Monster 1200 or not, but the Monster 1200 mounts are rolled foward. You can't angle the mirrors down enough. At least at 5'10", I can't. I see my shoulders and have to move around to see what's behind me. They are the most useless mirrors I've had in over 30 years of riding and as many motorcycles.

The bar-end ones work really well, Because they are "fish-eye", I have a wider field of view so I can see behind me and in the left and right "blindspots"

Sure, I can't tell you if the driver behind me is male/female or whatever, but i can tell you there is a car too close or closing the gap quickly. My cheap mirrors work well and look good IMO...

·
Registered
155 Posts
When I got my 1200 I had the same issue as BushyAR15 describes, could not angle the mirrors down enough. I am only 5'3" so the only thing I saw was the sky behind me. I then started to mess around with the mirror mountings and found that they do not swing in/out on an even plane. If you loosen the mounting bolts (right side is LEFT hand thread!!!) and swing the mirrors in at the mounts, the field of view comes way down. You can then adjust the final view by swiveling the head of the mirror out/up some. Making these types of adjustments I fond that I can see perfectly behind me and in the lanes next to me. The only issue I have with the OEM mirrors is at higher speeds they do vibrate a little but they are still very functional. As mentioned in another thread, keep the RPM's above 4K and the mirrors are rock solid at lower speeds.

You may want to give this a try before abandoning the OEM ones and looking for bar-end mirrors.

Good luck!

·
Registered
498 Posts
When I got my 1200 I had the same issue as BushyAR15 describes, could not angle the mirrors down enough. I am only 5'3" so the only thing I saw was the sky behind me. I then started to mess around with the mirror mountings and found that they do not swing in/out on an even plane. If you loosen the mounting bolts (right side is LEFT hand thread!!!) and swing the mirrors in at the mounts, the field of view comes way down. You can then adjust the final view by swiveling the head of the mirror out/up some. Making these types of adjustments I fond that I can see perfectly behind me and in the lanes next to me. The only issue I have with the OEM mirrors is at higher speeds they do vibrate a little but they are still very functional. As mentioned in another thread, keep the RPM's above 4K and the mirrors are rock solid at lower speeds.

You may want to give this a try before abandoning the OEM ones and looking for bar-end mirrors.

Good luck!
Have you actually tried the bar end mirrors yet? I did what you said and there was still no comparison to the field of view you get with bar ends. AS a matter of fact no matter how good the mirrors are on any bike I will put on bar end mirrors.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've got the CRG 3" lane-splitter bar-end mirrors and like them plenty. Just yesterday they helped me spot a cop that was stalking me from behind on the highway. They surely don't show as much fine-grain detail as the stock mirrors, but are way less obtrusive. I didn't like the stock mirrors blocking so much of my forward view.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The difference is notable ..... the CRG's are probable the best mirrors for this bike ....no vibration, well place so you can see everything behind you, top glass quality ....

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

Cheers

·
Registered
87 Posts
The difference is notable ..... the CRG's are probable the best mirrors for this bike ....no vibration, well place so you can see everything behind you, top glass quality ....

View attachment 181530

View attachment 181538

Cheers
Didn't feel like paying the price for the CRG so I just but the knock offs off eBay. Mirrors are mirrors.
Also I highly recommend rotating the mount forward inline with the levers so when your hand don't bump into the mirrors.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Didn't feel like paying the price for the CRG so I just but the knock offs off eBay. Mirrors are mirrors.
Also I highly recommend rotating the mount forward inline with the levers so when your hand don't bump into the mirrors.

Even though it doesn't bother me ..... sounds like a good idea .... i will try that
thanks

Cheers

1 - 20 of 34 Posts