Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got stopped for 57 mph in a 35 zone. >:D

His eyes softened as soon as he saw that I was a female under all the padding. :angel:

Let me go with a "Merry Christmas, slow down and that's a beautiful bike". [thumbsup]

43 degrees, female on a Monster and it's Christmas - God I love Pennsylvania!!

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
I got stopped by a cop a couple of months ago. Not only did he give me a totally bogus ticket, but I was following him--doing exactly the same thing--when he gave it to me. I tried makin' small talk n everything. I'm gonna blame it on the engagement ring. This used to never happen when they thought I was single. [laugh]

·
Banned
1,362 Posts
I too got away with a verbal warning a few weeks ago, he clocked me at 50 in a 35.
"Be careful out there, you know you're invisible to cars." [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Hehe, the closest I've been to being pulled over on my bike was a couple years ago when I had my 250 ninja a bike cop pulled up next to me at a red light and asked me what size my bike was and then continued on about how he was looking for a bike for his wife. Biker police are awesome around here (they even wave back!) and the cager cops aren't too bad either. If you're on a chick on a motorcycle anyway, lol.

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
I honestly think that sometimes the displacement of the bike affects the officers' reactions. I'm willing to try this theory out the next time I get pulled over (which won't be too soon hopefully, the gods willing...) I'm going to say that my bike is an M400 instead of an M900...and that I just completed MSF....and I'm gonna keep my left glove on to hide the ring. ;D

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mostrobelle said:
I honestly think that sometimes the displacement of the bike affects the officers' reactions. I'm willing to try this theory out the next time I get pulled over (which won't be too soon hopefully, the gods willing...) I'm going to say that my bike is an M400 instead of an M900...and that I just completed MSF....and I'm gonna keep my left glove on to hide the ring. ;D
OOOOHHHHH!! You innocent!! :angel: >:D
Good plan - sounds like it should work. I'll have to keep it in mind!!!
Thanks!! [cheeky]

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I totally don't understand how this works. A trooper known to a deputy friend of mine to be gay and single let my wife off for serious speeding but gave our gay, single, reportedly cute friend a ticket. From this data it really does appear to be a boy/girl thing instead of an "I'm attracted to you" thing.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think it's an "I'm attreacted to you thing", it's more like when a cute puppy does something wrong you're willing to go easier on it than your older dog.

"Men are capable and they should know better, women should be protected and therefore get more slack" is the old school of thought. OR maybe when we talk to the cop, we're contrite and have our paperwork in order. They realize we won't do it again :angel:

·
Registered
195 Posts
always admit you're in the wrong. it's an ego stroke- women know how to do it to men, plain and simple:

i got stopped a while back (for speeding, of course on me bike) and as soon as he walks up to me, i've got my helmet off and i'm handing over my papers. (this is where i score my first points and let him know i'm not going to be any trouble) he nods takes the papers and says "do you know why i pulled you over?"

"yes, sir, i was speeding." (this is the correct repsonse. you know what you did to attract attention to yourself. score points with the police officer for letting him be "right" and "in charge")

so in my case, the officer says, "yes, you were, ma'am. please try to slow down. i realise it's hard on that motorcycle- probably a lot of fun to go fast, but this is a residential neighbourhood" blah blah blah

"yes sir, thank you, i'll be more conscientious next time."

"please do, ma'am. have a nice day."

i let him be in charge- it made him feel like he's a good cop and because he's doing a good job, maybe it will be okay for him to go easy on me. after all, i'm just a kid on a motorbike and i didn't give him any mouth, etc. i had all my papers ready and whatnot. but i think, really, if you let the police officer call the shots and you're calm and accomodating, you're more likely to get a positive outcome.

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
marshmallow said:
always admit you're in the wrong. it's an ego stroke- women know how to do it to men, plain and simple:

i got stopped a while back (for speeding, of course on me bike) and as soon as he walks up to me, i've got my helmet off and i'm handing over my papers. (this is where i score my first points and let him know i'm not going to be any trouble) he nods takes the papers and says "do you know why i pulled you over?"

"yes, sir, i was speeding." ...
Problem is, I generally don't know why they pulled me over. Srsly, my last ticket was for passing on the right on a one way street with 6 lanes on it. I was doing exactly what the motorcycle cop in front of me was doing. I mean wtf? Although I never would seriously recommend trying to b.s. a cop, sometimes they're just out for blood and you might be better off whippin' out a bewb or something. [laugh]

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mostrobelle said:
you might be better off whippin' out a bewb or something. [laugh]
Knowing my luck....I'd get a ticket for exposing myself!!! [laugh] (along with the speeding ticket!!)

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
lauramonster said:
They realize we won't do it again
Yeah, that may be the most important (and accurate) difference.

·
Banned
1,362 Posts
lauramonster said:
I don't think it's an "I'm attreacted to you thing", it's more like when a cute puppy does something wrong you're willing to go easier on it than your older dog.

"Men are capable and they should know better, women should be protected and therefore get more slack" is the old school of thought. OR maybe when we talk to the cop, we're contrite and have our paperwork in order. They realize we won't do it again :angel:
I agree. Years ago, I was pulled over on my bicycle for running a red light (my bike couldn't set off the traffic sensors, so after waiting a bit, I just went ahead).

At first I tried to explain (= talk back) to the cop why I did it, but after I saw that wasn't going to help, and he threatened me with a $300 ticket, I got a bit teary. He totally changed his tune and let me off. ;D :angel:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well if anyone figures out a tried and true method that will always work - you will be my hero for life. :) I've had a lot of tickets and yes, I deserved every one - I seem to have a staying within the speed limit problem even though I would not classify myself as a hooligan. I just believe in driving the appropriate speed for the conditions. ;) Unfortunately, the law and I disagree on what that speed is.

Anyways, nearly every time I've been pulled over for speeding, I've gotten a ticket. I've gotten out of a few - curiously it was usually when I argued instead of just being polite. I don't really break any other laws while driving or riding.

Although my most recent pullover wasn't for speeding and it was while moving to a new city. I had been moving all day and was tired as hell. The motorcycle was my last thing to move, it was late at night and an hour long trip (the last of several that day). I get pulled over literally two blocks from my new apt. I am pissed as I had just passed the officer in question and had done it all totally legal beagle. He comes over while I am angrily trying to pull off the helmet (temporarily forgetting to undo the chinstrap, d'oh!) and I believe he just then realized I was female. I ask what the hell I was doing wrong (did I mention I was tired?) and he tells me my tail light is out. Lol, well I was quite abashed at that. He was a complete gentleman - very friendly, no ticket and chatted with me for awhile. He even followed me the rest of the way home so I didn't get rear-ended. That's when I knew I had moved to the right town for me. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
In all honesty, and all of my grousing to the contrary, I've gotten out of several tickets and my fiancee has always been floored. He jokes that I always say the wrong thing and that I'm going to "get it" and it almost never happens. I don't think he's ever gotten out of one! It's just recently that I finally got nailed. I've gotten one in the car (by a female officer [laugh]) and my most recent was by a male officer and he and I were both on bikes. The fiancee insists that I've gotten out of most of my tickets simply because I'm a woman (he thinks I'm good looking.) [cheeky] I just think it's the luck of the draw. I've also lived in a lot of small towns prior to moving to the San Francisco/Bay Area and I believe that cops are more lenient in smaller communities. They're different here in the city, but I guess they need to be a little "tougher."

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bat - sounds like you found a really cool :police: in the neighborhood. Had a cop pull me over for going faster than the posted speed limit in a residential area. My sister had just been diagnosed with breast cancer - and my mind wasn't really on the speed limit. He saw it in my face, and asked me to be aware of the kids. You know, eveytime I use that road, I ALWAYS slow down because of the kids. The cop was cool, and it changed my behavior. If he'd a been a jerk - I'd probably be burning rubber everytime!!! HMMMM, I guess reverse psychology really does work.

Mostrobelle - I call the husband 'Mr. Teflon'. I RARELY get out of tickets (usually don't get pulled over - but when I do - it's painful!). Hubby even coasted through a stop sign after happy hour one night (just to see if he could make it from one street to the other in neutral), and the cop let him go!!! WTF!! :mad: He's been pulled over often enough to call the written warnings "why I was late note". Stinker!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts