Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so a buddy I work with has been talking with me for about a year now about getting a duc. no, this isnt the dreamer guy, just a guy planning life and finances accordingly...

so i see him today and he makes eye contact and looks away quickly. usually hes all "hey spike i saw your bike in the lot today spike" (as he bounces around)

turns out he stopped at the local yamaha dealership and they actually have his deposit on a r6. :-\

whats funny is he was totally sweating debs track day "golf is for @ussyies" pic i have in my cube while hes relaying the news.... wtf?

to each his own...whatever

i just told him when ever he wants to take a ride on the soul train he needs to hook up with Deval Mostro crew [cheeky] [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
R6 is a great looking bike (in black), but he'll soon wish he had the Duc....

R6 - no low end grunt in traffic, less top end hp than the 749, insurance through the roof, one stolen every 5 minutes...blah, blah, blah...

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
While being on 2 wheels is better than 4 you have to look at it as not being worthy enough to be on a Duc. ;)

The Desmo Gods sensed that and sent him nightmares about the Ducati and it put to much fear in to him. That's why he ran to the rice.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
DukeOddy said:
While being on 2 wheels is better than 4 you have to look at it as not being worthy enough to be on a Duc. ;)

The Desmo Gods sensed that and sent him nightmares about the Ducati and it put to much fear in to him. That's why he ran to the rice.
or it was just cheaper ;)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
You're just an old mod who likes to rain down on peoples parade. ;D

I was thinking though.....a new r6 is a good 9k. That is plenty for a s2r. [thumbsup] Doubt it was the price.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
DukeOddy said:
You're just an old mod who likes to rain down on peoples parade. ;D

I was thinking though.....a new r6 is a good 9k. That is plenty for a s2r. [thumbsup] Doubt it was the price.
i'm old? you're older than me chief.

and cheaper over the long term.
how much does it cost to maintain and repair your bike? (not mine cause we all know my maint record)
how much would the upkeep and repair on a jap bike be with many available parts?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
KnightofNi II said:
i'm old? you're older than me chief.

and cheaper over the long term.
how much does it cost to maintain and repair your bike? (not mine cause we all know my maint record)
how much would the upkeep and repair on a jap bike be with many available parts?
What? How old are you? If your profile is correct you are 2 years older than me.....you old mod. ;D

Haven't gotten in to any heavy maintenance with mine yet so I have no fhe with that. Basic maintenance doesn't seem to be any more than a rice rocket though. Besides....this is a Ducati we are talking about.....if I pay a little more it's worth it to me. Do you know how many R6's I can count in my area? Too many.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Clopstyle said:
If you convert rice to pasta it's about the same in the long run :p
[laugh] [laugh]

That's funny because in the past I have told a few people that I ride a pasta rocket. ;)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
[laugh]
It's all yours man. Although dirty pasta tastes funny. Clean it up a little first... ;D

2 years older than me. Like I said......old mod. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Somewhat off topic, but did anybody see the article in this month's Motorcyclist on the Fischer?
http://www.fischer1.com/

It's American company making reasonably priced sport bikes from various Japanese and Korean parts.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
DesmosDromos said:
Somewhat off topic, but did anybody see the article in this month's Motorcyclist on the Fischer?
http://www.fischer1.com/

It's American company making reasonably priced sport bikes from various Japanese and Korean parts.
Just got my copy in the mail yesterday but didn't have a chance to read it yet. Looks like a strange bike to me.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
OT said:
R6 is a great looking bike (in black), but he'll soon wish he had the Duc....

R6 - no low end grunt in traffic, less top end hp than the 749, insurance through the roof, one stolen every 5 minutes...blah, blah, blah...
( back on topic ) and the biggest... everyone has one....when he parks it at an event, he'll have to put his name on it so he can find it again... [laugh]

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
DUCnHAR said:
( back on topic ) and the biggest... everyone has one....when he parks it at an event, he'll have to put his name on it so he can find it again... [laugh]
That's a good point. Like I said they are all over my area....I go to work and I can usually count a few in the 20 minutes it takes me to get here.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.