Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost one of my keys for my 2000 Ducati Monster 750 somewhere in my house.. its driving me NUTS! Heh.. but I am nervous about only having one key, so where can I order another? I'm anal retentive so I want another "official" Ducati key.. I have the main key, with the little silver tag on it, can I order a replacement from DNA or through a local dealer? Any ideas on the cost?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
There are about 5 threads on this subject, you need to do a search ;)

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you could supply them or some of them it would be appreciated.. I tried searching and came up with about 10 threads which had absolutely nothing to do with my problem.. I REALLY dislike the search option on this board.. why doesn't it separate them by Thread instead of jump lumping all the messages together?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Sure....... As soon as I get back from the bank :)

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I agree with the search feature.... Its quite bad. I've tried to search previous posts, to no avail... all I found was a mix of various posts that had nothing to do with what I searched for.

I'd also like to know whats involved in getting a new key. I just lost mine in my house too, and I cant believe I cant find it!!

Can I just get a "blank" and have it cut, then use my Red key to match the diode thing?

R

·
0 Posts
If you still have one of your keys, go to your dealer and get a key. Some dealers sell blanks you can have cut at a regular shop depending on the bike. This is a non Ducati answer. This would apply to any bike.
A few weeks back I met a man at a track day who had the strangest looking key I ever saw. He had a 996 and his key looked like a key sized pocket knife. It was small and chrome. The key folded into the handle. And he had a belt pouch for it. He bought the key from his dealer. Its nice because it does not scratch his bike/tank with rings of any kind. Does anyone else have one of these?

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Take the ignition off & replace it with a toggle switch - no more lost keys.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
What?? - no trust. I just came back from bike week in Daytona with a bike that uses no key. Parked it everywhere for hours at a time in the race track & the venders near by. Left out at night at restaurant parking lots during after dark dinners. Even downtown with the Harley crowd.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts