Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost one of my keys for my 2000 Ducati Monster 750 somewhere in my house.. its driving me NUTS! Heh.. but I am nervous about only having one key, so where can I order another? I'm anal retentive so I want another "official" Ducati key.. I have the main key, with the little silver tag on it, can I order a replacement from DNA or through a local dealer? Any ideas on the cost?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
There are about 5 threads on this subject, you need to do a search ;)

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you could supply them or some of them it would be appreciated.. I tried searching and came up with about 10 threads which had absolutely nothing to do with my problem.. I REALLY dislike the search option on this board.. why doesn't it separate them by Thread instead of jump lumping all the messages together?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Sure....... As soon as I get back from the bank :)

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I agree with the search feature.... Its quite bad. I've tried to search previous posts, to no avail... all I found was a mix of various posts that had nothing to do with what I searched for.

I'd also like to know whats involved in getting a new key. I just lost mine in my house too, and I cant believe I cant find it!!

Can I just get a "blank" and have it cut, then use my Red key to match the diode thing?

G

·
If you still have one of your keys, go to your dealer and get a key. Some dealers sell blanks you can have cut at a regular shop depending on the bike. This is a non Ducati answer. This would apply to any bike.
A few weeks back I met a man at a track day who had the strangest looking key I ever saw. He had a 996 and his key looked like a key sized pocket knife. It was small and chrome. The key folded into the handle. And he had a belt pouch for it. He bought the key from his dealer. Its nice because it does not scratch his bike/tank with rings of any kind. Does anyone else have one of these?

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
What?? - no trust. I just came back from bike week in Daytona with a bike that uses no key. Parked it everywhere for hours at a time in the race track & the venders near by. Left out at night at restaurant parking lots during after dark dinners. Even downtown with the Harley crowd.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
What would you need from a salvage part bike? There's a matching monster with keys, ignition, tank hatch, seat release. Where exactly is the computer that reads the transponder? If I get the instrument panel from the same bike is it merely just swapping the parts out and it'll start?

·
Registered
54 Posts
What would you need from a salvage part bike? There's a matching monster with keys, ignition, tank hatch, seat release. Where exactly is the computer that reads the transponder? If I get the instrument panel from the same bike is it merely just swapping the parts out and it'll start?
It depends what year and model, some earlier models have the immobilser in the ECU, later ones have it in the dash.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts