Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd lost the spare key last year, and now the other one is lost too... I want to take the lock off and get a soft mold but the steering is locked. Is there a way to take the lock off without removing the top triple and forks or do I have to remove them in order to free the steering lock pin?

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Remove the headlight and you will be able to see the two bolts that hold the lock to the top triple. You will notice that there are no heads on these, as Ducati and most mfrs use breakaway headed bolts here.

Take a sharp center punch and tap the bolt in the direction of loosening with the punch and a hammer.

When assembling just use regular bolts.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean the two bolts that secure the lock to the frame ? The ones with heads facing ground? What about the steering lock pin that goes into a hole on the top triple? That pin is inside the hole and I can't figure how to clear it from there...

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
mr. monduc said:
You mean the two bolts that secure the lock to the frame ? The ones with heads facing ground? What about the steering lock pin that goes into a hole on the top triple? That pin is inside the hole and I can't figure how to clear it from there...
Once you get the bolts loose the pin will come out of the hole.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Once you get the bolts loose the pin will come out of the hole.
Great, thanks a lot [thumbsup]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts