Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
From the Ducati Owners Manual, this is what it says:
1. Contact the Ducati Service Center with all the keys in your possessions and the Code Card.
2. The Ducati Service Center will program all the news keys as well as any keys you may already have.
3. You will be asked to provide proof that you are the legitimate owner of the motorcycle.
4. The codes for any keys not present during the memory programming procedure are cancelled, to ensure that any keys that may have been lost fan no longer be used to start the engine.

There you have it. The above is a direct quote from the Owners Manual. There is also a procedure for Overriding the Immobilizer in the Manual. It will be easier for you to refer to your Manual. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
help is here

hi
found this forum by chance would just like to say i can help any one with lost code cards and lost keys inc red
thanks for ur time
Ps was looking for info on how to manualy programm keys with red keys

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had same issue. Recieved Black key from previous owner and lost. after weeks of looking I found a place in Oregon that you can send your gauge cluster, Ignition cylinder, prof of owner ship and copy of state ID and will create one red key and one black key for your bike for 450 bucks SOS Diagnostics

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, i Just picked up a 2002 Monster 620ie with no keys and no card. I've done the searching and know i need a new ecu, cluster, and all that, but what i was wondering is there a tune instead that i can install on the bike that will disable the immobilizer and allow me to put aftermarket exhaust and filters on it? Killing two birds with one stone. I was hoping not to spend $600 for a stock setup just to soon after, tune it. Thanks

by the way... No, i didn't steal it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The other option would be to send your ECU in and have the imobilizer removed by a reflash of the ECU. Then you just need to take the simplest lock barrel to access (fuel cap) off and to a locksmith, they should be able to make a new key for you based off the tumblers in the lockset. Only downfall is this way you no longer have an anti-theft device and some J/A could hammer a screwdriver into the ignition and make off with your bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Chad at SOS has obviously done much research on this issue. I feared sending my only key to him, so he sent me a couple of appropriate, programmable blanks. I took them to a local locksmith that specializes in laser cut keys and cloning, and he made me a couple of perfect copies.

Chad offers this too, but I was too paranoid to let my only key out of my sight. He can also recreate the code card if he has the instrument cluster, and if he makes repro keys for you, he maintains the info so you can simply call him and order more keys without sending him your key again.

Chad is AWESOME, and a life saver!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I lost one of my keys for my 2014 Ducati Monster 796. I looked all over to get it replaced, no one could do it, not even the dealer who said it was impossible without the 5-digit code. I bought my Ducati from that very dealer, they never gave me a card with a 5-digit code. You're supposed to get that card and two black keys, I just got the keys. The usual way to get it replaced is buy a blank key from Ducati for $90, then have a locksmith laser-cut the key (another $40-$50), then you can (have Ducati or do it yourself) program the newly laser cut key with the bike using the 5-digit code on the card. Without that card you're basically SOL. Without any keys or card, you need to replace the entire gauge panel, ignition, etc. - $2000-$3000!! There is another way, it is called the Ducati Key Clone, a knowledgable locksmith can use the remaining key you have to duplicate another functional key (laser-cut and programmed). Only one locksmith in Phoenix area can do it - ALCATRAZ LOCKSMITH (602) 677-5045 ask for Todd Hagan. It took him 10 minutes - fully functional key at about $100. He can even do it w/o any keys, but it would be considerably more expensive, but not the $2000+ Ducati price.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts