Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have this happen? The front brake lever wiggles up and down quite a bit compared to the clutch lever. Looking at the way it works, there's a pin with an e clip on the underside (to allow the lever adjustment with the 4 position wheel) and a bolt that holds it to the master cylinder. Its loose in both places. I tried to tighten up the bolt, but its already as tight as its going to get. Whats the fix for this, washer shims? Id like to know why its like that. Bike is new to me 00m900, 2500 miles.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
The levers flop up and down a lot. Mine are like that and I thought about shimming them. After I removed the lever pin and lever and saw that there was no unusual wear, I just lubed the pin with grease and put it back together like it was.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kevin, there is a spring type thing in there that may have popped out of place. It happened to me not too long ago, my pedal was then loose. http://www.ducati.com/bikes/catalogs.jhtml it's item #6 on page 66 of the monster 620 dark catalog.
Close, but no cigar :) Im having the looseness in the front brake lever ;)

Kevin

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahaha, oooppps! sorry ;D ;D I guess that is what lever means huh? pedal lever pedal lever ... I'll figure it out some day.
Hehe, well the topic of the post _is_ "loose FRONT brake lever" ;)

Kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts