Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During my post-ride inspection yesterday, I noticed my left side exhaust canister is noticeably looser than my right side exhaust canister. Both have had a very slightly noticable amount of play in them when checked by hand (never enough to make me think twice), but the left one is now loose enough to make me just a bit concerned.

After checking all the fasteners on both cans, none appear to be at all loose.

Is this something I should be concerned with? If so, how can I tighten things up? If it matters, the cans are stock.

Also, one last detail... I put a nice little scrape on the bottom outside of the *right* can yesterday as I was riding aggressively enough to touch down with low exhaust... lots of fun... possibly this helped nudge the left side can into its new loose condition?

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Mine was like this when new. The shoulder on the bolt holding the cans bottomed out before the cans were actually tight. If you add a washer it will help.

I was very annoying having other rider constantly pulling up beside you to yell at you that you exhaust was loose!

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
The exhaust cans are actually held in place at the back of the rearset by rubber with a bolt clamping down on some spacers to hold everything in place. You could grind off a little bit of a spacer to get a tighter fit, or stick washers in there to tighten things up. They're actually supposed to be able to move a little.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts