Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a 2001 Monster 750. Is there any issues I should be concerned with? The bike is low milage.

What is the going rate for a low milage Monster 750?

Are the 750s quick? I am used to riding various brands of cruisers. Just want something different.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
I have been very happy with my monster. I bought a 2000 M750 last June. I bought it in Montana for $5200. It had 1056 miles. Female owned and in excellent condition, like new. Already had CF cans, extra plugs, oil filters and an extra ugly plate holder to cut. Husband of the owner was real into bikes. My local dealer wanted $6595 for a 99 M750 with 1800 miles and a whole bunch of goodies, cans, lowered gearing, sargent seat. I thought that was too steep for the age of the bike. To me the 750 is quick enough. Nothing like a Japanese inline 4 600 but the tourque is fun. For the riding I do I just don't need 100 + HP. It will definitely be something different

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
quick for drag racing inline 4's, or quick in the twisties? I have a 620 and quick is a relative term. I can keep up with (most) of the bigger bikes in the twisties, but I ran into another 620 on my favorite bike road, and he woulda smoked me if he wanted to. 750 is a fine machine in my opinion- just depends what you want it for...

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
when I was looking I rode both a 750 and a 900. I guess I'm a power junkie cause I just like the power of the 900 better. Just more everywhere, and not really any heavier.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are the changes or differences from 2000 to 2001? Is the seat any different? Do the 2001s have tachs? Any other changes from 00 to 01?

·
Registered
827 Posts
I just bought an 01 750 this year with 1,800 miles on it for $4,400.

Plenty of power for me.

It does have a tach, but not a digital one.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
I am considering buying a 2001 Monster 750. Is there any issues I should be concerned with?
There's a real risk that you'll end up spending your rent money on unneccessary (but irresistable) modifications ;-)

What is the going rate for a low milage Monster 750?
Depends on where you are, I'm guessing my feel of the current Sydney secondhand prices won't do you much good ;-)

Are the 750s quick? I am used to riding various brands of cruisers.
They aren't quick compared to a typical modern japanese sportsbike, even a current 600 has close to twice the horsepower, but the power the do have is _very_ useable, so (in my opinion) they are easier to ride quickly in the real world - until the japbike rider is trying really hard, you shouldn't have too much trouble keeping in touch with them in the twisties (once the straights open up though, prepare to be left behind). On a racetrack its different, an R6 or CBR600RR ought to leave you for dead...

Compared to a typical cruiser though, it'll seem very fast (unless, I guess, you're talking Vrods or VMaxs).

big

1 - 7 of 7 Posts