Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Anybody know where I could find this helmet for less then the $649.95 asked for at some dealers..? :-\

Looking to save a buck on a helmet I probably wont be using that much, so any help would be much appreciated... It's a 2007 Capirossi edition helmet called the Spec-1R Extreme from Suomy. Thanks in advance, Joe

Attachments

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
I'd call (on the telephone) www.helmetharbor.com and www.helmetshop.com and ask. Prices on the websites are not as low as they'll quote over the phone. I couldn't find the exact pics on the website either, but doesn't mean they can't get it for a great deal. I buy all my helmets from these 2 sites.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Meltz said:
I'd call (on the telephone) www.helmetharbor.com and www.helmetshop.com and ask. Prices on the websites are not as low as they'll quote over the phone. I couldn't find the exact pics on the website either, but doesn't mean they can't get it for a great deal. I buy all my helmets from these 2 sites.
Thank you Meltz... I'll give it a try. Joe [thumbsup]

·
Banned
87 Posts
Don't be cheap, give your local dealer the business. I don't care if it's me, Munroe, or anyone else for that matter, Support local business. It's only 30 bucks. How much is the shipping from ebay? How much will you ACTUALLY save? ???

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
May I ask which store you represent punkass? haha sounds like I'm calling you out.. lol...

Side note- I purchase everything locally... even though I've moved to somewhat SoCal I still plan on making my purchases through the interweb so the places I like are still there when I move back :)

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
punkass2112 said:
Don't be cheap, give your local dealer the business. I don't care if it's me, Munroe, or anyone else for that matter, Support local business. It's only 30 bucks. How much is the shipping from ebay? How much will you ACTUALLY save? ???
at the same price? $11.44 shipping vs $51 in tax.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
punkass2112 said:
I with you. If the price is reasonably close, I always try to buy local, even if its $20-40 more. I've found that on most stuff I can usually get an almost equivalent price from a local shop these days.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
Archimedes said:
I with you. If the price is reasonably close, I always try to buy local, even if its $20-40 more. I've found that on most stuff I can usually get an almost equivalent price from a local shop these days.
i agree... it's worth the hassle to deal local if they can get close on price.

one of my issues, especially in the case of these helmets, is that you can find the extremes online for $450-600. rarely will you find a b&m store that will discount much off full msrp.

so, now you have an internet sellers (often an out of state dealer) selling a helmet for $500+shipping (average) against a local dealer selling it for $650+tax.

~$512 vs ~$703

for a $200 savings, i'm buying online.

·
Registered
602 Posts
you should look into www.mawonline.com they have some really great prices and i have had no trouble with them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts