Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I am looking to buy my first motorcycle. Due to lack of capitol and experience, I have decided to go with a used one. Unfortunately I know NOTHING about bikes! I finally have the cash to buy one and have found a used 750 on craigslist (http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/mcy/229853170.html). I was wondering if there was anyone in the area who would possibly be willing to come look at it with/for me. I would really appreciate the help being as I wouldn't know if something were wrong with it, even if the problem were right in front of me. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot!
Brett

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
Brett,
Take some time, be patient and do a bit of research prior to making your first Ducati purchase.
You'll want to give study to the various models of the Monster, with consideration of engine size, liquid or air cooled, carbureted or injected fuel system, suspension options, brake set-ups, etc.

Get together with the local DML people at events, rides (before they leave the meeting spot) and ask a lot of questions. Let them know you are seeking the right bike for your first.

There are quite a few options to give study to....not all Monsters are alike.

..........................................BD

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
And....research, the cost of ownership. Insurance, MSF, Gear, Fuel, Maintenance.

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
ducman851 said:
I know Jack, and the rest of the family ;D

Uh..We all knew that, John ! [laugh]

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
bobspapa said:
How is Mr Mehoff?
I was thinking of the Schitt family Jack was the only son of Awe Schitt and Owe Schitt. Awe Schitt, the fertiliser magnate, married Owe Schitt, the proprietor of Kneedeep N. Schitt Inc.

In turn Jack Schitt married Noe Schitt, and the deeply religious couple had six children: Holie Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Giva Schitt, Bull Schitt and the twins Deap Schitt and Dip Schitt.

Against her parents will, Deap Schitt married Dumb Schitt, a high school drop-out. After being married for 15 years, Jack and Noe Schitt divorced. Noe Schitt later married Mr. Sherlock and, because her children were still living with them she kept her previous name. She was then known as NoeSchitt-Sherlock.

Dip Schitt married Loada Schitt and they produced a nervous son, Chicken Schitt.

Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt were inseparable throughout their childhood and subsequently married the Happens brothers in a dual ceremony. The local newspapers duly announced the Schitt-Happens weddings. The Schitt-Happens children were named Dawg, Byrd and Hoarse.

Bull Schitt, the prodigal son, left home to tour the world. He recently returned from Italy with his new wife, Pisa Schitt.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
John, you totally left out the Ness family.
Harry P. and his wife Fuzzi A. would be deeply hurt if they found out.

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
Okay, so Brett was hooked up with us today...was on about 6 p.m....but, you guys scared him away ! [laugh]
It's okay, Brett...these weirdos won't hurt ya ! ;D......
You can say something now ...... ;)

·
Registered
289 Posts
I nominate ducman851 for the dml king of comedy....... [thumbsup]
....I lurk more than I post and need to finish plucking my chicken feathers before I show up to a GTG, but i'm slowly FIGURING out how this place is...... Good Peeps!

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
lawbreaker said:
I nominate ducman851 for the dml king of comedy....... [thumbsup]
Youve never listened to Luca closely, have ya ;D

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
lawbreaker said:
I recall someone stating i would need a "Luca" decoder ring......
or at the very least, mobile web access and a direct link Babelfish translator ;D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts