Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike is a 99 M900s and I have Rizoma cam belt covers with plexi windows (came on the bike by the time I bought her). At some point, some idiot person torqued down a bit too hard one one of the bolts that secures the plexi windows onto the main part of the cover, so that one piece has cracked. It remains on, but looks like poop. I've seen replacement window kits for other Ducs, but just not this particular part. Does anyone know where I can find them? I'd rather just replace the windows instead of the entire part ($$$).

('Poke, I'm sure in all your time on the interweb you'll find them somewhere. [cheeky])

It looks like this:

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
I have to remember what the name of the place is now...in Rockville...it used to be called Reed Plastics...I have bought everything Plexi I have ever needed there....from 1/8th inch thick to 1 inch thick...and they have it in colors and curvatures and everything!...I know it is on Wilkens Ave in Rockville right off Parklawn...and they are only open M-F from like 9-5.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're now called Piedmont Plastic, and I just got their info. Too bad they're such a hike and I'd have to take leave to do business with them. The kit I had seen before for another bike cost only $25 or something like that.

Any other suggestions out there?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Plexiglass is generally pretty readily available and relatively inexpensive. You should be able to locate a local plastic supply shop that can cut a piece of the proper thickness and shape for you. Some hardware stores stock standard thicknesses in sheets. Take the cracked piece out of the cover and either bring it with you to the shop or trace around it on a sheet of paper. You could even just buy a small sheet of plexiglass (on-line, if you can't find it locally) and cut it out yourself with a jigsaw or a Dremel cutting wheel, if it isn't too thick.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Lowes or Homedespot stocks plex sheeting. YOu should just be able to trace the old one onto the new sheet and cut it out... You do work in a machine shop after all ;D

·
Banned
897 Posts
I can't remember where I got 'em, but the part you're looking for is #WR003T.

Edit, part # may be superseded by #ZDM016-0345.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts