Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey, Pablo. Glad to see someone still uses this forum. If you need service, I think Barnett's is your best bet. As far as I know, they're the only place in town with factory-certified techs. If you find another place, please let me know.
This Sunday, if the weather holds out, we'll be at the Carolina Brewery in Pittsboro at 9am for Biker Breakfast. I'll most likely lead a ride down around Jordan lake and back to Cary afterwards.
WSBK season is over (Checa took the title on an 1198), but there's one more MotoGP event left - Nov 6 in Valencia. We will be having a barbecue at my places followed by Eurosport race coverage. If you decide to come out to Pittsboro, just look for my wife and me on matching white and black 696s.
Dave

Hey kids, I just found this here, I thinkn spbk season is over? a couple of MotoGP races still coming right?. Guess I'm too lazy to look around the forum.

Anyway, I've been riding a M796 for about 4-5 months now and I would like to meet other monster riders. I'm also in Cary.

In a different note, I'll reach the 7,500 mile point in my chassis and I need to take it to service (tomorrow) does any of you have any experience with Barnett? I think I'm gonna take it to a different shop (with a Ducati certified tec), I'm having some lighting issues, may need to replace the harness terminals or, I hope not, the chassi harness, so I'm not sure if I should take it to the dealer instead.. Anyway, sorry I'm making this so long. But I'll appreciate any feedback.

Pablo

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey man. Thanks for the replay.

Next Sunday I'll be coming back from VIR and I may stay late watching F1 but I'll try to take the monster out for a ride since it will be freshly serviced.

I called Cutter's in Knightdale and they were not sure they have all the tools, but the I think got certified by MMI to service Ducs. Anyway I called Barnett's and I'll put it in their shop tomorrow morning.

Also about the MotoGP race, I'll see my calendar and hope I don't have that day already booked.

Pablo

PS. I just learned about Marco, so sad to learn that

·
Premium Member
2012 Ducati Monster 1100 evo
63 Posts
I'm in chapel hill so if you ever want to ride let me know. Also you might want to check out NCsportbikes.com usually someone sets up group rides on a weekly basis.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah, there are still a few of us around, checking updates now and then. As JSouth said, there are a few Duc riders in the NC Sportbike group, and a few of us who build/restore are also peppered in the Do the Ton Triangle cafe racer group. We have three or four Ducatista, mostly in the Cary/Southwest Raleigh area. We have a Sunday morning ride that's a bit more on the advanced side, but we keep the numbers to <10, so we're not a huge pack like the NC group. Also, if you're a race fan, I also host weekly MotoGP and WSBK events at my place in Cary, and there are usually couple of other riders who show up. We're all pretty serious fans, and we also put together trips to VIR, ATL, Barbour and at least one GP or SBK race in the U.S. or Europe each year. We're always looking for new race fans or anyone who wants to learn more about racing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dave,

I am going to be out of town for the Raleigh Eurobike, looks like fun and I hate to miss it. As far as MotoGP goes, huge fan, I went to Indy to watch the race in 2012, it was great...bummer that Spies had his motor blow while in the lead. Anyway, been riding for 20+ years, always on CBR's, GSXR's, ZX9R's etc...new to Ducati and loving it. Recently picked up a 09 696 and it's more fun than any of the previous bikes I have owned. I would love to meet up with you guys some time.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Still looking to meet up with other duc riders. Shoot me a message or email(JSouth1972 at Gmail dot com)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm over in the Clayton/Garner, Raleigh area...

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
I might get me an 848. Trying to sale my 2010 triumph speed triple if that fails maybe I will trade it in

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone in Durham?

I seen a couple Monsters riding in Durham the other day... I live in a Durham and haven't seen them again..lol.

Let me know... Always looking for other riders.

Mike

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
might have been me. I work at Triangle Cycles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
2 More spotted in Durham

2-3 days ago I saw a yellow monster and red ducati st? (my view was blocked) at the new Los Comales on Roxboro. I was driving with the family and they wouldn't let me stop..lol.

I'm determined to find other Monster Riders in Durham! Anybody?

Happy New Year!!!!!

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Im in chapel hill. Let me know if you want to ride sometime

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I lived on campus for 3 years and in Carborro for 2 while I went to school there. Those were 5 of the best years of my life. Nothing like Chapel Hill.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Definitely man! I just re-cleared my side panels and my rear tire/chain gaurd. Hopefully I'll have it back together soon...

Happy New Year!

21 - 40 of 43 Posts