Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone. I have decided that I want to get a Monster after 6-9 months of thinking about it. I am taking the MSF course in the spring and would like to start looking for a bike. I have decided on a used 750. I have some Ducati friends that do not suggest the 620, and I dont want to buy something new off the bat.

anyway, been reading this forum and love the posts!

my question: any good sites to visit to look for a used Duc? Dont want to do Ebay and cycletrader isnt that great. thanks guys/gals!

Dave

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi, Dave -

You'll really enjoy that bike, I'm sure!! Might also want to think about whether you have a preference of getting a bike with carbs or rather fuel injection, too - I believe the M750 became fuel injected in 2001 or 2002, not sure which.

Now, to get you one: for starters, check out the DML classifieds (go to the home page), your local ducati riding club, local craigslist, and local dealers (tho obviously a bit costlier perhaps than other options). Depending on where you're located, folks might have particular recommendations regarding what resources to try.

Good luck, you'll love it!! ;D

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Your profile indicates that you live in New York.

You have to decide how far you're willing to travel to look at a bike or if you're willing to have one shipped from a more distant spot without actually looking at it first. I'm fortunate in that I live where there is probably the highest concentration of Ducati motorcycles in the United States. I still considered having one shipped here from San Diego.

The various Ducati-specific sites are a good starting point (and there have been threads on that subject) if you don't need a local bike. Otherwise, you need to check whatever local classifieds you can find that have motorcycle sections. You'll probably be able to get a better deal on a bike that wasn't advertised to a wide audience.

Ultimately, you need to keep looking at all of the sources including EBay and CycleTrader until you finally track down one to buy. I found my bike on Craigs List, but I checked out one that was on CycleTrader and contacted several others sellers from other sources.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
750 carbed through '01, FI in '02. people on this board seem very happy with their 620's, even experienced riders.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the replies so far everyone. I have to start by going to local dealers around these parts. I know they will be more expensive, but it may not be a bad idea to get my first bike from one.

the reason why a couple of my buddies say to get the 620 is because I may out grow it. keep in mind these are guys who own a 748 and a 996, so their idea of ideal power is a little higher than mine. if I find a killer deal on a 620 I am going for it and I'll get something larger in a couple of years....but right now my concentration is the 750.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am looking for a Ducati too - but there aren't so many in my little community in Alaska! I was eyeing a new ST2 at a dealership in Seattle but I wouldn't mind a used one either. What is "Craigs List?" Is it am internet classified advertising site?

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
One thing to note, the newer 620 has almost the same power as an older carbed 750. Just a thought you should consider. Either way there are good deals to be found on both bikes, good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts