Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somewhere along the line, I remember seeing or hearing about a map pouch that you could strap to your forearm. You know, like a plastic pocket with velco straps that you could put a map or driving directions and then easily look down at your forearm. Pretty simple idea and I'm pretty sure it exists, but I'm having a hard time finding it. Maybe it's a touring or enduro thing?
Anybody know what I'm talking about?
-Jim

·
Registered
541 Posts
sweet, i just bought one from roadgear, the days of being lost in jersey with a map ductaped to the tank are over!

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Paper5tr3et7 said:
sweet, i just bought one from roadgear, the days of being lost in jersey with a map ductaped to the tank are over!
[laugh] [laugh] Reminds me of when I taped the GPS to the Vespa. So ghetto...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Michael Moore said:
[laugh] [laugh] Reminds me of when I taped the GPS to the Vespa. So ghetto...
There is a point where the tape looses adhesive and so I'm riding with my left hand holding the mapdown very akward....and it's only happened....3 times. damn jersey.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
gps is a bit pricy for me....I've got the map's already. My map is EMP proof too.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Paper5tr3et7 said:
gps is a bit pricy for me....I've got the map's already. My map is EMP proof too.
true, but the bike itself isn't. :)

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Look at the touratech site for GPS attachment systems. You don't have to go the full-boat-beemer aluminum either. The ones with the ball & socket attachment work quite well.

As for the map vs. GPS issue, I was a dedicated map guy until I went to the Ducati DOC world president's meeting and they gave us each an older Garmin unit. (Quest) For planning, maps are still best. On the road, I'd have to give it to the GPS.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Dragsterhund said:
true, but the bike itself isn't. :)
SHHHHHH....your ruining my argument....but i could walk home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.