Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all I live in north Louisiana and I'm looking for a reputable Ducati dealer within a reasonable drive. I'm considering a 620ie but would like to look at an 800 alos for my first bike. I will be taking the reider safety course soon and a Ducati Monster is the only bike I even want to look at...it's gonna be my daily commuter (60 miles round trip...4 days a week). Would the monster be a wise choice for someone who's gonna be putting around a thousand miles a month on a bike? Thanks alot y'all...I really wanted a bike last summer but financial circumstances prevented it but I will not be denied now,lol.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i don't know if north texas is too far for you to consider (probably 4 hours), But i give huge kudos to Advanced motor sports. www.advancedmotorsports.com

They are south of Fort Worth.

I commute daily on my monster...it is a great choice for that. If i need to carry something, I put bags on it, and it doesn't look weird. I have a 900 and the gas mileage is fantastic. I think the 800 is a better long term choice because you won't grow out of it and oyu have power if you need it. also, when you find friend to ride with on the weekends, they won't leave you in the dust.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I like that 620 dark they got...$5500 doesn't seem like a bad price at all. I used to live in Frisco(north Dallas) so I could pick up a bike out there and ride up to Frisco to see some old friends and take it out in the country for a ride. I'm really leaning to the 620 because I could always upgrade and I won't be getting too much bike for a first timer. I'm not a real big guy(5'9" 215lbs) will i be able to flat foot on a monster?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I am 5'10" with fairly short legs and am comfortable on the S4. The 620 is a little lower, so you shouldn't have any problem.

If you come in to town to buy a bike, let us know. We can meet up at AMS.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If Birmingham AL isn't too far for you the local BMW (motorcycle) dealer just changed ownership and started carrying Ducati also. They seem to carry a pretty good selection of gear and bikes (at least for Alabama)

http://www.bogartsmotorsports.com/

I've been putting about 800 miles a month on my M620 since I got it. I'm rapidly approaching the dreaded 6K service. So I may know soon just how good a dealership they are...

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Hey, Razor, we have a dealer here in New Orleans. MotoEuro. They sell Ducati and Truimph. How far North are you?

I bought my 620 there back in August. Pretty nice guys. They just hosted a track day at No Problem Raceway on Sunday. Had a nice time.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in Monroe...it'd really be an easier drive for me to go to Dallas. As far as buying out of state goes..do I pay taxes on the bike when I go to register it or can I pay them and have the bike registered at the dealer?I went today and looked at a SV650S and man that thing just doesn't do anything for me,lol. Seems like a good bike and everyone around here tells me that's what I need but it just won't be sitting in my garage anytime soon. I live in a land of harley's and crotch rockets so to me that italian blood just strikes a chord.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I think you will have to pay some taxes here in Texas. Call AMS and get the details - they sell bikes to a lot of people out of state.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts