Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealership has a leftover 2009 Monster 696. I am not sure if it is appropriate to discuss pricing. If it is, what would be a good deal? I am thinking of trading in my 02 Monster 750 Dark since they have offered me a very attractive number on it. I almost wish they gave me a terrible trade-in so I could justify having both. ;)

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Given that it's a 2009 and all the dealers should have a bunch of 2010 models sitting on the showroom floor, I'd say it's definitely acceptable to discuss pricing. I bought a 2009 model last week and they knocked $500 off without batting an eye. I would guess that there would be more room to negotiate down from there, but I hate that process and I simply didn't have the time to haggle. It certainly doesn't hurt to try, though. Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Given that it's a 2009 and all the dealers should have a bunch of 2010 models sitting on the showroom floor, I'd say it's definitely acceptable to discuss pricing. I bought a 2009 model last week and they knocked $500 off without batting an eye. I would guess that there would be more room to negotiate down from there, but I hate that process and I simply didn't have the time to haggle. It certainly doesn't hurt to try, though. Good luck!
Thanks for the feedback. They offered $7900 inclusive of freight on an 09 and not too much more for a 2010.

·
Registered
13 Posts
there is only a few changes between the 09/10 adjustable levers,slightly lighter engine cases,larger exhaust heat sheilds and the option of abs
nothing I would'nt give up a good deal for.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Samn,

I was at the local MN Ducati Dealer yesterday and talking to him about the 696's. He said, "Ducati is changing the 696 to 796 in 2010 with a new bigger top-end head. The
696's were blowing a lot of top ends. Too weak". Check it out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
it was my understanding that they were going to add the 796 to the line up later this year and also keep the 696

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Samn,

I was at the local MN Ducati Dealer yesterday and talking to him about the 696's. He said, "Ducati is changing the 696 to 796 in 2010 with a new bigger top-end head. The
I wasn't aware of that issue. I guess I need to do some research.

The dealer stated that the 796 was replacing the 696. Since it's only 100CC difference it makes sense to me. Who knows?
Would make sense since it is already in the Hypermotard.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I know they're making the new 796 motard for 2010, but haven't read anything in the magazines about moving the 696 up 100cc's. He probably was talking about the motard.

7900 sound like a pretty good deal to me, I believe the sticker was 8900 on the 10's when I was at the dealer on Thursday. See what they'll give you on the 10 with abs, if it's close enough I'd do that otherwise save the money. Like said earlier, there's not much difference between the two years.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Samn,

Hmmm...sounds like typical dealer BS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Price

Where is this dealership located and did you buy the bike yet? I called one near NYC and they quoted $8500 for a 2009 model.

My local dealership has a leftover 2009 Monster 696. I am not sure if it is appropriate to discuss pricing. If it is, what would be a good deal? I am thinking of trading in my 02 Monster 750 Dark since they have offered me a very attractive number on it. I almost wish they gave me a terrible trade-in so I could justify having both. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts