Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have nerve damage to both feet severly limiting feeling in feet. shifter and rear brake pedes are approx. 1 1/4" long.
Having trouble locating same on previous bike (1998 748) that was not able to ride it or the monster now,( 2014 696)
Love bike but if can't ride it . whats the point ? Anyone know Ducati parts w/ longer Pedals -not levers or aftermarket
same - would appreciate any assistance. Really enjoy the Forum... Thanks

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I’m not sure exactly what your shift lever looks like. My shift lever has kind of an I beam profile, with a flat area in the center. If I wanted to lengthen mine, I could remove the stock end and make an extension to bolt to the I beam . If yours has that profile, that is one possible cure. Personally, If it was me, that’s what I’d do. Make an extension with two slots and be able to slide it out to the length I want. Paint it black, no one will notice.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have nerve damage to both feet severly limiting feeling in feet. shifter and rear brake pedes are approx. 1 1/4" long.
Having trouble locating same on previous bike (1998 748) that was not able to ride it or the monster now,( 2014 696)
Love bike but if can't ride it . whats the point ? Anyone know Ducati parts w/ longer Pedals -not levers or aftermarket
same - would appreciate any assistance. Really enjoy the Forum... Thanks
I’m not sure exactly what your shift lever looks like. My shift lever has kind of an I beam profile, with a flat area in the center. If I wanted to lengthen mine, I could remove the stock end and make an extension to bolt to the I beam . If yours has that profile, that is one possible cure. Personally, If it was me, that’s what I’d do. Make an extension with two slots and be able to slide it out to the length I want. Paint it black, no one will notice.
Appreciate the reply but think we are talking about diff. things. Think you were talking about lengthening the lever while
I was talking about lengthening the short pedal at end of lever that your toe hits to shift or brake. Thanks

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Cut it off and make a new longer one . You may have to drill the lever.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cut it off and make a new longer one . You may have to drill the lever.
Thanks for reply- came up w/ similar solution--cut pedal off lever, weld-in Alum spacer, weld orig pedal
to end of spacer- know a welding wizard that do job and you' never know that happened Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts