Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the size and thread pitch for the heim joints that thread into the rear hoop? I've backed them out as far as I feel comfortable doing and I's like a little bit more.

·
Registered
276 Posts
M10 coarse pich - I think it's 1.5. I'm just about to extend mine with a couple of connectors and short lengths of threaded rod. Cost is about $4 so no great loss if I don't like it! I'm waiting to get a spare hoop back from powder coating then I'll try it out & post pics.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
funkuncut said:
M10 coarse pich - I think it's 1.5. I'm just about to extend mine with a couple of connectors and short lengths of threaded rod. Cost is about $4 so no great loss if I don't like it! I'm waiting to get a spare hoop back from powder coating then I'll try it out & post pics.
I was thinking of doing the same thing, but with additional threaded rod, threaded pipe, and the original heim joints, I was thinking it might be too much. But like you said, it's only a few dollars.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Exactly! I'm sure it won't be too much in terms of strength (i.e. strong enough!) and if it raises the back too much the forks can be raised to match - only potential problem (that I can think of.....) is that the side stand may need lengthening. I need a bit more ground clearance for my exhaust so I'm trying it! [thumbsup]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts