Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just stating, cause I had to tell some moto-enthusiasts. I discovered THE best way to get to work this morning @ 7am.

Decided to take the long way, because I was early, ended up turning a 35min. ride into an hour and some change.

moslty twisties, only shitty section was getting out of somerville...

I'll be heading down the Cape after turkey day... [thumbsup] [clap]

Q

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
It was 23 degrees at my house at 6AM and frosty as hell...and you rode?

Pavement had to be slippery, no?
How badly did your fingers hurt?

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pavement wasn't bad, I didn't really "push" it at first. But after warm up and in the twisties.

first gear full open, the rear stepped out very mildely at times, nothing dramatic tho. other than that, didn't notice a difference.

I have grip heaters, so I didn't experience cold hands. Now my feet are another story, especially at highway speeds.

I'll post about my ride home...

Q

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
DON'T tell CRASH about your new route. He'll go down there and act all hooligan and wake up the local constabulary. ;D

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ended up leaving work around 8pm.

I took the highway home, non-stop 35 mins.

I didn't get really cold, my knees were chilly. the heated grips heat the inside of your hand and keep the air inside your gloves warm. They work great, I can't believe I rode last winter without them.

Went to start the bike this morning for a repeat of yesterday. no power/no lights, nothing. Battery's on the charger. I had left the heated grips turned on when I got home.

I am picking up a relay on my way home tonight.

Q

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.