Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My apologies if this is the wrong forum, but I just thought I'd introduce myself, throw around a picture of my bike(s) and babble. I cannot for the life of me explain why I haven't signed up before today.

Anyway, my name's Jake, I live in Syracuse NY, work in Rome NY (zzz...). My first kid was born not quite a month ago and I can't wait to get her on her own pocket bike. Myself, I've got a lightly-hopped-up 1997 m750 and a stock blue 1988 Paso 750. If anybody's in the area (Gary, you on here?!) drop me a note for rides/etc.

I've got about 32k on the Monster; it's got an open airbox conversion, stage II jet kit, high exit Termis, competition-spec bars (recall?!), various CF bits & other stuff, and I installed the MBP collets earlier this season.

While it's up off the floor this winter, I'm planning to mount clip-ons and S/S lines throughout (maybe Goodridge, but probably Fren Tubo). The tank is coming off for a couple layers of clear coat just for kicks, too.

The Paso is (basically) stock (ok, I changed the jets); I rescued that out of a barn w/ 4k on it last year. That's a fun ride. Just the beginnings of the collection ...

I've been browsing through the topics about info on clip-ons ... seems like Cycle Cat is the favorite. I've been thinking about a pair from Vortex Racing. Anybody try those? (Lemme know!)

Once I figure out how to upload a picture, I will. ;)

Looking forward to enjoying a forum of fellow hooligans. Nice to meet you, as it were.

Peace,
Jake

G

·
Welcome to the DML!

It's good to hear of another new dad who will keep riding... too many of my friends lost the bike when the little ones started coming.

Right now my 2.5 year old is limited to sitting on my bike and trying to reach the controls when it's off... the Monster rumble still scares her ;D

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Welcome to the board!! Glad to have ya.

I have that same problem Ryan! I can't keep my 3yo away from the monster.. until I start it up, then he runs away and holds his ears. ;D

I've been working on the wife for a while, and I think I may have talked her into letting me teach him how to ride this summer. Heck, I learned when I was three, and he'll be four in June!

-dj

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
welcome aboard!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts