Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the show on Saturday. A bit of a disappointment. Yes the 1098 was there and it is fantastic. But I really wanted to get a close look at the 2007 S2R 1K. They did not have one. Plus the Ducati booth was a cluster.

It was the only display booth there that had a single entry to get in and out. Is Ducati trying to create some kind of exclusivity mystique? MV had their $23K F4 out in plain view for anyone to sit on.

Here is the most confusing thing -- the latest brochure. I picked one up and it says the 2007 S2R 1K comes in three colors Silver / black stripe with black frame and wheels. Black / white stripe with black frame and wheels, and Red / white stripe with black frame and wheels.

Ok so last year I really wanted to get an 06 Red white, with red frame white wheels. Due to financial difficulties, by the time I was ready all the red / white bikes were gone. So now just when I get my head around the black wheels I see the brochure saying the frame is black.

The frame is the reason to get the monster - I want to be able to see it. Does anyone know what is shipping. I had emails to sdweasel, he just picked up an '07 a couple months ago. Said it had a red frame. Is Ducati (or Ducati USA) so disorganized it would print a lot of expensive brochures without proofreading them. Or is this what will actually happen when they run out of red frames?

BTW the show had a real swap meet feeling. There was even a guy there trying to clean my eye glasses. All in all a real disappointment, especially considering the traffic on the 405

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
The red and white S2R1k (and the 800) has a red frame.

As for Ducati NA being disorganized, they may well have made a mistake there but we're not talking about a huge company dude and they're putting on a lot of shows. People make mistakes, no need to get all sandy about it.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Pictures on www.ducati.com will give you a good idea. Red frame, black wheels.

As an aside, if you are upset by the disorganization related to a typo in the brochure, Ducati ownership might not live up to what you expect. Ordering parts, getting it serviced, etc., will be a bigger disappointment.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I think it's a reference to having sand in your vagina. I can't imagine that would be a good feeling, and quite possibly could make a woman a little cranky while having a sandy vagina [laugh]

·
Registered
97 Posts
The wife and I went Saturday. We had a great time. I really liked the Ducati booth. Yes they are Ducati (very exclusive like Ferrari). I thought MV had a junky, un-impressive booth. I went to Ducati to see the new 1098 and Motard. Even got to see the GP bike. That was a plus.
To each his own.

Ara :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
"It was the only display booth there that had a single entry to get in and out. Is Ducati trying to create some kind of exclusivity mystique? MV had their $23K F4 out in plain view for anyone to sit on"

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]
Yep, I was just at the show in Seattle. The Ducati booth was set up with a single roped off entrance. One of the Ducati Hoties would determine if you were worthy and maybe let you in...what a joke! As a Ducati owner I was kind of embarrassed to even be associated with that type of pomp...Don't sit on that bike you fooken peasant!...in fact your not even worthy of looking at it!

I was really disappointed the Hypermotard wasn't there, that's the only reason I went;-(

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
i thought the ducati booth was more impressive than most of the other ones, primarily BECAUSE they build that big ole' house. yes, there was only one entrance, but that was their way of ensuring that you were properly greeted by those two gorgeous ducati gals in IOM jackets and knee boots.

<pause for orgasmic shuddering>

ok, i'm back. one of them was easily the hottest girl of the show. most of the other models were whiskey tango.

it was nice that socal ducati had a 1098 right next to the ducati house that you could sit on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also went to the Seattle and the long beach show, I can tell from the seattle show the reason for the roped off entrance was do to fire department cracking down on how many people could be inside with only one way out. It didnt start out that way but with so many people coming into the booth they had to control the mass's. Yes Seattle got ripped off when only the plain 1098 was showing and up on a pedistal while in long beach So Cal Ducati had the plain 1098 on the floor for people to sit on and the Ducati booth had the tri-color and the "S" with the Hyper motard sitting in the middle. Ducati only has about 5 people that organize and go to each show, have you ever tried to bring this big of a display across the country? This big of a display took up a lot of room in the truck and some bikes just had to be left behind,and as far as I can tell some dealers even helped out by bringing some bikes to the shows. ;D

·
Registered
512 Posts
simonster said:
was their way of ensuring that you were properly greeted by those two gorgeous ducati gals in IOM jackets and knee boots.
From what I understand, they are Ford Modeling agency models -- Ducati doesn't get the cheap ones!

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
This was my first time going to the show. I had an okay time, but I guess I wasn't really doing any shopping. It was nice to see the 1098 and the HM. If you thought the Ducati booth was "exclusive," the MV booth and an executive lounge for MV owners only. You had to show a key and if you didn't have that, they could look you up on a list!?!?!?!? Sounds a little Big Brother-ish to me. One guy had to leave his girl on the outside of the velvet ropes!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.