Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a call out to any Brits out there, or anyone who has been to the London Motorcycle Show. My wife and I devour magazines like Bike, Ride and T.W.O. (why can't U.S. bike magazines be as good? that's another subject, I guess), and in the current issues there are full-page ads for the London Motorcycle Show, Jan. 31 to Feb. 8.

On a lark, we found a good deal on flights from SFO and are using frequent-guest points for our hotel. But here's my question: Do we need to buy our tickets to the show in advance, or will we be able to walk up on Days 1 and 2 and buy them at the box office? It's possible to buy them online, we're just not sure if it's really necessary. Any help regarding daily crowds from folks who've been there before?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Scooty,

The show's usually pretty busy on the weekends, lots of bargains to be had if you wait till late on Sunday.

You won't have a problem getting tickets to get in on the day, however, if you order them in advance, you get them cheaper & avoid the queues to get in.

Its fun, but be prepared to be shoved about by people, they ain't as polite at home as they are here...........

Ticket Hotline for discounts

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its right what Darkmonster says if you get your tickets prior to the show they are cheaper and if you can go in the week its less crowded. Sax and I are going on the Thursday 5th we've been before and you can really pick up some good bargains.

·
Registered
571 Posts
;)Re: London Motorcycle Show

;D ;D ;D

Kinda figured that one....D'oh...there's a few others from UKMOC on here as well....Diogenes springs to mind.....

Enjoy the show, look after the tourists ;)

D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. We're already psyched to go -- got our airline tickets and hotel. Just need tickets to the show -- and we'll buy them online. See ya there, blokes.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Enjoy it!! You won't see me there tho...I just came back from London to CA!

8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, anybody who's been to the show: If I buy tickets online, how will they know to hold them for me? I understand they don't ship to the U.S., but on the site there's no way to tell them that I don't live in the U.K. and want the tickets held for me to claim when I get there. Any help?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Don't think they have a 'Will Call' like here in the USA. So, maybe you should call them up & ask if they will deliver to the hotel you are booked in to?

Other than that, if you have friends over there, have them sent to them?

Take waterproofs!! Weathers real bad over there at the mo.

Best

Dave

8)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts