Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I wanted to get some info from those of us in the NYC area... where have you found you can take your bike for work you can't do yourself on the sidewalks of this city... and feel like you trust whats being done, and here's the catch, without getting taken for a ride, of the wrong kind... :-\ [cheeky] :-\

I heard Ducati Manhattan went quite downhill and is way costly for labour... someone mentioned Bills up in Danbury... where do you go?

Thanks

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Hmmm, I don't know that Ducati Manhattan has gone down hill, except for Chris the same guys are there. The hourly rate is high, then again this needs to be weighed against the inconvenience and travel cost if you go somewhere else. Other places to go (in no particular order):

Rockwells in Montgomery, NY
Gold Coast in New Hyde Park
Cliffs in Danbury
Jack Trebour in NJ
Cross Country in NJ

The exact locations can be found on the DNA website

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
edgesnyc said:
I heard Ducati Manhattan went quite downhill and is way costly for labour... someone mentioned Bills up in Danbury... where do you go?
Where'd you hear that from? The fact is that they lost their other full time mechanic but they've been doing their best to keep up the standard of work and to schedule in spite of this. AFAIK they've been relatively successful at this. Their prices are high and have been for a long time ($105/hr) so that hasn't changed in the recent past (2 years or so). Irish Mike is the main mechanic and he has an excellent reputation as a Ducati mechanic but also generally wrenches like a champ. They have some other mechanics that help out but they're still looking to take on 2 more I think.

Personally if Ducati Manhattan wasn't around, I'd take my bike to Rockwell. They've got a good reputation and the ride up is at least better than going to LINY IMO. Cliffs would be my second choice, they seem like good guys and have a good reputation too. Some other people swear by Trebour. YMMV.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
i go to Trebour's out in jersey from queens. they do have a truck and do pick ups and drop offs. i trust them though and they haven't made me think twice ever about any of the work they've done or the price.

the only downside is the distance.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have had much work done by the guys at Ducati Soho and they are stand up guys. Irish Mike is the man, but so are the rest: Fabian, Marcos, Gus and Bill. They simply have looked out at every opportunity they can.

Yes, it is true they are insanely busy, but there is a reason for that... maybe a lot of folks go there?! hmmmmm...

I have not tried any of the other spots mentioned above, but my second choice would be Danbury. The ride is great and in my brief experience with them (purchases and asked them tons of questions), they seem knowledgeable and professional.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks I appreciate the suggestions... My info on Ducati NY came from a guy I knew who had service done there and he said the mechanic he liked there left... someone who knew Ducatis quite well.... and then I read another message board where people simply sounded really unhappy with the service and the management over there... so, I don't know it well and don't have personal experience.... thus I put it out there to see what sort of experience others here had.
Thanks again for the advice... I'll look up the places you all mentioned.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Cliff's service dept. has a great reputation.

Rockwell is pretty good too, Aldrin is a great parts manager and a friend - the ride up there can be very fun, you just have to be careful, state troopers and Highland Falls P.D. are not very forgiving, i know from experience.

Where is Ducati Manhattan?

Ducati New York, located in the SoHo region of Manhattan is pretty ok. They try hard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts