Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Norman Racing in Berkeley at 1221 4th Street next to the alfa parts store.

510-525-1164

I usually coordinate with Dennis who does welding, but this is a case for Dan -- the machinist.

He's the guy who milled my engine casings to get the SSS to fit.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rocking.... I forgot I just ordered $10,000 worth of parts from Columbia Machine Shop in Oakland... I'll have to see what kind of price they'll swing me :)

But I'll give your guy a call for sure for a price quote.

Also what material did you use for shimming?

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
I haven't done this op. check on the tech section -- I think people have used some kind of sheet aluminum in the past

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
The_Calamari_Kid said:
Rocking.... I forgot I just ordered $10,000 worth of parts from Columbia Machine Shop in Oakland... I'll have to see what kind of price they'll swing me :)
ummm....that'd be $10,000 worth of part NOT for your bike, right? Cuz you can, like, buy a whole new bike for that. [cheeky]

(j/k - I'm assuming you meant for work, but it read funny the first time I saw the post. I pictured Ptam's soul being reincarnated in you.)

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<bears crosses>No Demon Soul Get Out! You Will Not Take Over This Body!</cross bearing>

Yeah for work... had to get these damn parts made for this Italian machine... Yeah Italians make everything harder then it has to be... although it's pretty cool stuff..

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rock said:
You will love them, be sure the spring weight matches your riding weight, and have the best suspension dood you know match the front and rear set up good luck enjoy
yeah that's why I'm doing it. I'm coming up to my 12k service and I'm supposed to change the fork oil. I figured I might as well the get the suspension dialed in... so might as well upgrade when i do :)

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Mostrobelle said:
ummm....that'd be $10,000 worth of part NOT for your bike, right? Cuz you can, like, buy a whole new bike for that. [cheeky]

(j/k - I'm assuming you meant for work, but it read funny the first time I saw the post. I pictured Ptam's soul being reincarnated in you.)
HEY!

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
The_Calamari_Kid said:
yeah that's why I'm doing it. I'm coming up to my 12k service and I'm supposed to change the fork oil. I figured I might as well the get the suspension dialed in... so might as well upgrade when i do :)
Not sure what size of springs youll need, but i have a set of 1KG springs from 999 that ill trade for a six pac. From the Racetech web site it looks like they use the same part numbers.

G

·
The_Calamari_Kid said:
That's the spirit! (several hundred hours and countless kilodollars later, I'm cursing that first step :))

Before you go the machine shop route, I am going to be selling my old cyclecat top triple. You'd have to get new bar mounts but I figure I'd give the MOB first dibs before it goes up on the parts for sale / fleabay boards.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts