Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Local Independent Mechanics

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  RBGDUC1 
#1 ·
This comes up often enough that I think it may be a good idea to have a sticky. Below is a list of local non-dealer mechanics. Please feel free to rate them based on personal experience in the following manner to keep things simple:

3 = Good Service: Above and beyond the expected.

2= Average Service: Fair price for work which was completed as agreed. Nothing more, nothing less.

1 = Below Average Service: Price higher than expected or results less than expected. Some problems with service encountered.

0 = Do Not Use: Unfair prices or work not performed, not completed, or done incorrectly. Serious problems with service encountered.

Please leave a brief explanation of pertinent service related experiences. This is not the place to flame anybody, only relay the facts of an experience. Please post others you would like added to the list.

Moto Servizio
2698 Junipero Ave. #117
Signal Hill, CA 90755
(562) 981-0911

Flight Motorcycle Corp.
Reseda, CA
www.flightcycles.com
contact@flightcycles.com

BMW-GUZZI-DUCATI REPAIR
VALLEY VILLAGE CA 91607
(323) 854-1883

Peak Performance Motorcycles
1816 Angus Ave, Suite B
Simi Valley, CA 93063
(805) 306-9705

Cycle Products West
11900 W Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90064-1392
(310) 477-0997

MOTORCYCLE RIDERS INC.
8115 Canoga Avenue #3
Canoga Park, CA 91304
Toll Free: (877) 246-2337
Direct: (818) 347-0833
info@ridersinc.com
www.ridersinc.com

See less See more
#2 ·
Cycle Products West - 2 (under previous owner ship). Had 6k service performed, plus new belts, chain cleaning and new rear brake pads. Total $480. Service took 2 days. Bike ran great after.

Cycle Products West - 1 (new ownership). Had front tire replaced. Took nearly two hours, was given updates while waiting that clearly were not for my bike. Was given the keys to the wrong bike. This may have been the first day of the change over. It was certainly the first week, so it would seem these may just be change over problems. The previous mechanic is definitely not there anymore.

#3 ·
3 for MRI

i get my S4 serviced here. as i've said in other posts, the owner nick is a racer and a good guy. i trust him not to screw me. also a great online store w/ great prices. highly recommended sponsor of ww.600rr.net

$60/hr for duc service, $50/hr for jap bikes

CALL US TOLL FREE: 877-246-2337
CALL US TOLL FREE: 877-246-BEER
CALL US DIRECT: 818-347-0833

EMAIL US: info@ridersinc.com

SEE US: www.ridersinc.com

VISIT US: 8115 Canoga Avenue #3, Canoga Park, CA. 91304 - USA

HOURS:
Gear: Mon - Sat - 9am to 6pm PST
Service: Tues - Sat - 9am to 6pm PST

Cheers... Nick - MRI

#4 ·
So, I think John, the former mechanic at Cycle Products, was the only reason to go there. He left and took at job at CHP servicing their bikes.

Great mechanic. Too bad he's gone.

I do think that Performance Motorcycle (owner Alex) on La Brea is great if you've got a race bike needing some love. Coincidentally, rumor has it that John moonlights at Performance every now and then.

my $.02.

#5 ·
thanks again. i happened to run into stuart today from flight motorcycles. he's going to come by and check out your monster to see the progress. it's good to know fellow ducati folks in the industry.

cheers... nick - mri

simonster said:
3 for MRI

i get my S4 serviced here. as i've said in other posts, the owner nick is a racer and a good guy. i trust him not to screw me. also a great online store w/ great prices. highly recommended sponsor of ww.600rr.net

$60/hr for duc service, $50/hr for jap bikes

CALL US TOLL FREE: 877-246-2337
CALL US TOLL FREE: 877-246-BEER
CALL US DIRECT: 818-347-0833

EMAIL US: info@ridersinc.com

SEE US: www.ridersinc.com

VISIT US: 8115 Canoga Avenue #3, Canoga Park, CA. 91304 - USA

HOURS:
Gear: Mon - Sat - 9am to 6pm PST
Service: Tues - Sat - 9am to 6pm PST

Cheers... Nick - MRI

#6 ·
Ok I've working with Stuart for almost a year on my bike for whaterver issues and he gives great service [thumbsup]
Only downside is he lives way in the valley and i'm in the city but other than that the service and prices are very good just gotta wait for him to free up because he's so in demand too, but the man know's his monsters so i waitm

So i'd give flight motorcycles a 3 [clap]

Peace
O

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.