Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey DFW Monster folks...
I am bringing my bike down to TX for the winter... wondering which shops are the best for Ducati stuff... and, if you guys have any hangouts I could check out...
Thanks!
Rob

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
flyinswede said:
Hey DFW Monster folks...
I am bringing my bike down to TX for the winter...
1. wondering which shops are the best for Ducati stuff... and,
2. if you guys have any hangouts I could check out...
Thanks!
Rob
1. AMS. Hands down, no question.
2. Yes

Looking forward to meeting you....

Scott

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Rob,

Oh yeah, Advanced Motorsports is the place to go. They have a store in Alvarado (south of Fort Worth) and a new store in Dallas as of June this year. Without a doubt the best single brand European scooter store anywhere around here. There are two other Ducati related shops in the area (one in Plano a suburb north of Dallas and another store in Fort Worth) as nice as they are they are still not up to AMS's standards. Don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings about this, it's just my personal opinion. Both the AMS stores have the latest bike gear and clothing and service... and the best Ducati parties in the state!... plus Ducati track days at Motorsport Ranch in Cresson, TX near Fort Worth. Check out their website at www.advancedmotorsports.com and see what I mean. No I don't work for them! They are just awesome folks... welcome to Texas!! We have a great group of Ducati folks here, you'll see what I mean soon enough!

Take care,

Brian

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
If you are a Duc addict, AMS is a dream garage ;D I want their decorator.

Jen

·
Registered
665 Posts
Jen and flyinswede you should visit the Alvarado store just to see the Race historic bikes Jeff has around.. just to name a few...

Supermono, 851tricolore, Ducati TT, F1 750 SS and some others... ;D

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Flyinswede,

Now that I think about you said TX in general and didn't say where in TX. Since you directed your post to this local Dallas-Ft. Worth group I assume you are heading to this area. Again, AMS is the "go to" place. I'm not sure about other Texas Ducati dealerships in other parts of the state. But I do know that people come to AMS from Austin and Houston... what does that tell you. Peter, who works at the Dallas AMS store, used to live in Houston and worked in the motorsport industry brought his Ducati to Jeff at the Alvarado shop when it needed service... again, what does that tell you!

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone... that AMS looks really cool...
Do you guys have any moto oriented Cafes or similar hangouts?
I am originally from Benbrook, but left there in 1990, have been coming back to visit family more regularly these days and want to bring my bike down, it's hard to watch it sit in the garage during the MN winters...
Again, thanks for the help!
Rob [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Don't know of any specific cafes, but I live in east Dallas/White Rock area and everytime I go to Greenville Ave. on a weekend there are a TON of bikes crawling around and parked in front of pubs and restaurants. One pub even draws a huge Vespa scooter group! Lots of sportbikes, have seen many Ducatis cruise by when we have eaten on one of the patios. You should check out Greenville Ave. on a nice Sat. or Sun.

ps Yeah I bet those midwest winters suck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
A bunch of us hang out at the Dubliner on Sundays around 3. Harrass the scotter guys and head out to a couple of other pubs. Tomorrow the Amsterdam is having a soup off at 4. Located in front of fair park. We do a bike night every wensday night there.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Dubliner is good, have several Irish oriented friends who love the place... never had a bad time there. Don't know anything about the Amsterdam but I'd love to check out the Weds. night gig. Any 16 year olds on GSXRs there or is it more normal folks?

·
Registered
665 Posts
So.. Squids dont ride Euro bikes? [laugh]

ALso Blue Goose in Addison every thusday night is Bike night (when the weather permits) good place mixed crowd...

Every thersday Sonic at Northwest Highway and 635LBJ Wheelie fest.. ;D you see more than 300bikes on warm days, some times cops show up.. :police: [cheeky]

Every Saturday night Whataburger on Northwest highway east west from I35 big Bike night...

·
Registered
665 Posts
no you can see everything... from GSXR and ZRX to Ducatis and BSA's... Once in a while you can see a FJ1100 Sidecar ;D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.