Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
I have used them (not on my duc) and I have found that they burn-out very quickly.

went through a couple pairs, then decided to change setup.

Q

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
I opted for these instead of the Buell lens. They are about the same price. I should have gone with the lense. The two bolts arent' enough to do a good job lighting up the plate. If a cop was going to be a stickler, I would probably get a ticket.
There are other units out there that are more of a light bar design that you would mount on the top or bottom of the plate, and that would probably provide more illumination.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
iirc, lite'n'boltz are the ones where the light is non-directional, yah?

i had some billet aluminum ones that were cylinders with a notch cut out on one side so that i directed the light of the LED onto the license plate. less distracting for people behind you and pretty bright on the plate.

the manufacturer was a guy on 600rr.net, but i don't recall who it was.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
I helped a friend install them on his bike. I was supprised at how solid and bright they are. Only installed a few months but they are going strong. Deff worth a shot for $20.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
I didn't like the lite 'n bolts. The bolts themselves are pretty big, so be prepared to widen some holes on your plate and mount. I found the wires to be pretty thin and snapped one off when I was trying to install them. Which made them instantly useless, and a waste of time drilling holes in the plate and the mount. I break everything, so your milage may vary.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I am using the polished standard bulb ones. I got them at the local Gycle gear for about $30. I was hoping they would do a better job, but they work OK- see pic.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.