Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SECRET---DO NOT SHARE THIS PUBLICLY. BUT PLEASE FORWARD A LINK VIA PM!!!!

As many of you know, LM isn't a big fan of the bikes and doesn't ride, but she is very supportive of BP's passion. She is active in the community - both online and off.

I was thinking that maybe we should do something for her too. It doesn't have to be nearly as big (or expensive) as a monster, but just something from the DML to let her know that she too is loved.

Would anyone be opposed to finding a gift for LM too? I don't really have any ideas yet, but maybe we should think about it. Perhaps we could use any leftover money from the donation fund? (Provided, of course, that there is any. ;))

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
I think getting her something is a great idea, but it prolly best to wait and see how much $ there is to work with. It's something to deal with toward the end of the process. Cuz this project--for all the people are donating time, $ and parts--still ain't gonna be cheap.

And $ toward a honeymoon is tough. It's lots of $ w/ little return. :-\ Better to get something tangible. Like an iced grill from Mr. Bling. [laugh]

·
Registered
498 Posts
Being that this is their wedding and Michelle is such a sweetheart despite her apprehensiveness concerning the bikes.

I'll give it a +2 Maggs [thumbsup] Think it would be a wonderful idea!!! [clap] [clap] [clap]

Let me know when and where I can make my second donation to these wonderful folks. ;D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One idea I had was a gift certificate to a spa. We could add a note to the effect of "to help calm your nerves while BP's out riding..."

:-\

I'll keep thinking...

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
mags said:
One idea I had was a gift certificate to a spa. We could add a note to the effect of "to help calm your nerves while BP's out riding..."

:-\

I'll keep thinking...
That's not a bad idea -
especially if someone wanted to go with her...
(I know my SO LOVES gift certificates to the spa.)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NAKID said:
Maybe the bike's name should be Michelle, that way, even if they have a fight, he could still ride her! [laugh]
[laugh]

thanks man...i just choked on some popcorn. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
Hows about buying her an MSF course??

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Someguy said:
I imagine if she wanted to take up riding, she would've done so already....
pretty much. she's pretty set on her no-riding policy. I'm trying to think of something un-moto related for her.

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
My ex was too, but now she's taking her MSF end of June. I bought it as a gift for her.

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
njineermike said:
My ex was too, but now she's taking her MSF end of June. I bought it as a gift for her.
you're preaching to the choir. ;) I made mags take the MSF, LM is not in the same frame of mind.

She's pretty dead set anti-moto and it's not our place to force it on her. Why don't we focus on the spa idea, or something similarly not-moto-related-at-all? ;D

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
almost ALL women like spa time.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts