Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Michelle just called me. She is stressed out right now.

Her first sentence was "I want a list of names of people involved in this, because I am going to punch every single one of them."

Her next sentence was "And then I will hug them, but I'm going to punch them first."

She suggested we should change our names to protect the guilty.

She really needs our help.

Essentially, they spent last night crunching numbers and came to the decision that Joel can buy a bike. He submitted his credit application yesterday.

John let her in on our secret this morning, and now she doesn't know what to so.

She tried calling Modesto and asking them to "deny" his application, but they had already submitted it, and legally only Joel can pull it.

She really doesn't want to be the bad guy and say "no" after she told him yes yesterday, and is worried that if she does say "no", there may be no wedding. ;)

So listen up! We need to help Michelle think of a way to talk Joel out of a monster or a new bike altogether! If you have ANY ideas, please post them up and I run them past her. She really really doesn't want to be the bad guy.

One idea we thought of was trying to get Modesto in on it. Does anyone know the owners? I really really hate for them to lose business, but maybe they could help. What if his color choices just happen to be "sold"?

Come on guys! We've got to help our girl!

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Someone needs to punch him for ****ing up our good deed.

Other than that, I'm no help.

Perhaps all the S4rs' on the floor could require some warranty recall work before they can go out?

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Can she ask him to wait for just a month? Make something up about taxes she didn't account for or finances for a honeymoon or a relative that needs cash.

Oh --- relative that needs cash. That's good. Just one month. And she can promise him a Termi kit in return for waiting. ;)

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
ducman851 said:
How about we punch everyone who knew about this and then posted in the thread encouraging him to go about the new purchase.
Weren't you about first on that list? :police: ( I tried to look, but didn't. I'll just assume I'm right, as usual.)

I stand corrected.

(And I agree. Down with the SOBs who encouraged him to buy a new bike!)

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
I'd say the best bet is her to find some excuse to be hard up for money, and stressed about it, and not comfy about said purchase.

That said, if she'd like, she can punch me if it'll make her feel better.

+1 on smacking the people who knew about this and still told him to get the 1098. Dammit all.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Also, I don't want to ask her to be the bad guy, though it seems easiest. Suggestions people? I could be way more devious if I actually knew them.

Maybe we can send BP a fake bill saying he screwed up his taxes or some such? Might be a bit too evil.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I completely disagree with having her be the bad guy in any way. I say that we stop being selfish and let him get whatever he wants. We are doing this as friends and hence should not interfer in letting him get whatever he wants. He will still love the DML bike for what it is, I kickass wedding gift for a friend.

And I will be proud to be the first person in line when Michelle starts punching people.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Here's the answer. Have Lilysmama simply say:

LM: Joel, I love you. You know that I would never discourage you from your passion for riding. And I really do want you to have the bike of your dreams. But I need you to trust me on something. Please wait until after we are married to get the 1098. Just wait one month.

BP: What's going on? Is everything okay?

LM: I just need you to trust me on this one. If you still want a 1098 after we get married we will go get it together.

etc. etc. etc.

BP: I love you hunny bunny.

LM: I love you too hunny bunny.

Cue Music: BOW CHICKA BOW WOW

Dim Lights. End scene.

SacDuc

/no lies
//no bad guys
///just the request for trust

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
While he may trust her, her request for his trust would immediately make him suspect us...

Can the wedding be more expensive than anticipated?

polpetta said:
Here's the answer. Have Lilysmama simply say:

LM: Joel, I love you. You know that I would never discourage you from your passion for riding. And I really do want you to have the bike of your dreams. But I need you to trust me on something. Please wait until after we are married to get the 1098. Just wait one month.

BP: What's going on? Is everything okay?

LM: I just need you to trust me on this one. If you still want a 1098 after we get married we will go get it together.

etc. etc. etc.

BP: I love you hunny bunny.

LM: I love you too hunny bunny.

Cue Music: BOW CHICKA BOW WOW

Dim Lights. End scene.

SacDuc

/no lies
//no bad guys
///just the request for trust

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
Carlos, we aren't being "selfish", we're trying to clandestinely prevent him from making a decision that he may regret once he receives our gift. [thumbsup]

He's been pining for the 1098 for months, and if they've made things work that he can afford it now I think us stopping him because of our gift is what's selfish. ::)

I stand by my comments in other threads: there was nothing to worry about if he buys a 1098. A monster and a 1098 are very different beasts, the problem here is that he may be so worried about the ergonomics of the 1098 that he's headed towards a s4rs instead. :(

I'd encourage LM to steer him back to the 1098. Something along the lines of the fact that he can truck the 1098 to LA to ride twisties (thereby helping some of the ergonomics issues), but that he can't turn an s4rs into a 1098. Additionally, if she's still ok with him getting a 1098 perhaps we can involve modesto afterall, and get them to steer him (gently or forcefully) away from the s4rs and back to the 1098.

+1 to toolfan, sorry sac but given our past with surprising him if LM says something along those lines his suspicions will go through the roof.

·
0 Posts
How about we all post in his threads in NMC & General, urging him to get the 1098. Peer pressure.
If that fails, then we can try and get Michelle to steer him away form S4rs, preferably without making her the bad guy.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update:

Just talked to Michelle.

She can't change her mind on the money and is sure that if she does the "trust me" angle, he will know something is up.

So...she is going to push the 1098. I hear Grio will be there as well and will also push the 1098. If we can get Modesto to do the same, we should be golden!

Keep your fingers crossed everyone!

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Tell them that--as a last resort--if he is *set* on the s4rs and they're at Modesto and he's about to buy it . . . they have to tell him. It'll ruin the surprise, but **** it. Better that he get the 1098 and then we give him a monster.

And if he tries to do that "I'm not to take it, but thanks, gang" thing, we're gonna drive it into his bedroom and park it right on top on him.

People in NMC better start pushing the 1098.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Spidey said:
Tell them that--as a last resort--if he is *set* on the s4rs and they're at Modesto and he's about to buy it . . . they have to tell him. It'll ruin the surprise, but **** it. Better that he get the 1098 and then we give him a monster.

And if he tries to do that "I'm not to take it, but thanks, gang" thing, we're gonna drive it into his bedroom and park it right on top on him.

People in NMC better start pushing the 1098.
Michelle said him accepting it won't be a problem. She will take the keys for him and make him keep it! >:D

1 - 20 of 49 Posts