Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My monster and I are temporarily stuck in D.C. on business and the bike needs some servicing soon. Can anyone recommend a good shop in the D.C. metro area?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Can't help you.

I was in DC on business Tuesday. Saw a dark parked up next to a traffic island near the capital. In passing, it looked box stock. Wasn't by chance yours, was it?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'd go to speeds cycle - www.speedscycle.com. You could do Coleman, but I wouldn't.

Speed is out BW parkway about a 45 minute drive. You can drive and drop it off or he is picking bikes up in the city for service.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to both of you. Although my bike is box stock, that wasn't it. But I have seen only 1 monster other then mine and it was parked at 15th and G. Chances are that's the same guy and he's on here somewhere.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
15th and G sounds about right. I was in a cab on my way to a meeting at 14th and K so that'd be the right 'hood.

·
Registered
259 Posts
15th and G is me. Parked outside Old Ebitt during the day when I am in town and it is not raining (in the morning).

Bone stock - just like the day it was born. Still has all the stickers on it.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Old Ebitt? wassat?

·
Registered
46 Posts
JR, you wouldn't happen to be living in Clarendon near Mr. Days sports bar would you (I saw a Monster off of the 4th street apts parked next to an older bmw I believe it was)?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
R.A.I.S.,

I'm in Arlington VA, and a buddy of mine, dcmonster which lives in adams morgan has a dark 620. Drop me a line [email protected] if you want to go riding with us sometime, as we need more Monsters in the Dc area. I've got a red M800.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm not in VA. There are a plethora of Monsters in DC area.

As for my stickers - I'm saving them for the next owner to peel off. I may upgrade the horn though. Bought the Fiamm high/ow minidisc kit. Could not bring myself to cut the wires though so I'm thinking about it some more.

·
Registered
403 Posts
speed's cycle has a lot to be desired....and I mean A LOT!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wow. didn't mean to start a war about mechanics, but since I did -- two have entered and only one can leave!!!! Cast your votes.

Vasil -- this weekend's no good but I'll be in touch. SOmeone has to show me around this place.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts