Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm sitting at work cruising the net cause I'm bored (as usual) when my cell phone goes off and I see that it's my friend and fellow DML member...

Me : Yo, whatchu doing?
skdmrks : Just chilling. Uumm, yo, I think you're sick, like not feeling well.
Me : Cough. Cough. Uumm, I think you're right.
skdmrks : You wanna ride?
Me : Meet you at Ducati Soho....

20 minutes later we meet up, kick it with Gus & Fabian at Duc Soho for a bit, gas up, then head north. We decided to stay "local" since we both had to be back in Brooklyn by early evening so we cruise through Harriman and make our way around Greenwood Lake, then back into Harriman via Seven Lakes on the 17 end. So there we are going pretty mellow (75- 80-ish?) when I round a bend and low and behold there's a cop sitting there on the opposite side of the street parked facing us. I hit the brakes for a second, enough to slow me down to 60mph and start watching my rearview. Skdmrks is still there behind me with no law in sight, We make it to Kanawauke with no other law enforcement sightings, whew!!

Here's my question, I've only ever seen one other biker puller over in the park, so what's the likelihood of getting pulled over? We were doing double the speed limit and we were really lucky and all but is getting pulled over in the park something I/we should worry about? Not that I'm there all that much, since I prefer ridng further north and west anyway, just curious.

·
Registered
46 Posts
they made my friends life miserable....
they arrested him
and towed his bike
not on a flatbed
but a regular tow-truck
so it swung back and forth
it was kind of funny
but mostly, kind of sad and humiliating to see a gamma swing around
i had to bail him out
so i think it was more aggravating for me... thinking of it now
so, out of habit i always try to take it easy when getting off the palisades onto the exit which takes you up to perkins
just be careful

·
Registered
218 Posts
Very very likely

That is why I have radar on my Duc.

Last Saturday afternoon I was there just for a few rides, and was being followed by a local cruiser.

Every time we got to a straight away - bang - radar goes on.

I was thinking I was going to get pulled over - but it did not happen, however if I had not had radar on my ride - who knows.

G

·
Yup.... Labor day weekend i was stopped at a check point... the cop gave me a hard time for my inspection that was past due by ONE day. I used my "girl card" and got out of it. Then about 2 weeks later i was stopped in my cage for driving on the palisades with commercial plates. No ticket, just a warning.

So to answer your question.... YES be aware of :police: in and around Harriman State Park!

G

·
Harriman = ticket if you're not careful....especially around the circles. I was hounded for not having an NY inspection sticker on my fork. Umm...hello rookie! I'm from NJ.

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow. I'm truly surprised (but I guess I shouldn't be) at the level of "law enforcement" in the park. As I said, I'm not there often, usually just passing through on my way to other locales but when I am there I've never had a problem. Thanks for chiming in folks, I'll try to be sure that I/we keep it somewhat within the law!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Pakhan said:
how do you have your radar setup?

speaker? headphone? power? pics? name brand? moto specific?
Its a whistler "Crusader"

Look on the lower right side by the forks - the unit is mounted off the trellis frame with a ram mount so I can take it off.

The head unit mounts between the guages in front of them on the handle bar - no pics of that right now, but here is the link to site. http://www.whistlergroup.com/cruisader-spec.html

[attachment deleted by admin]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts