Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Tech Team,

2002 Monster 620 ie

My lights went off again today on my way to work. I did a little result and checked a couple of posts and wanted to know if it was the new bulb I replace causing this issue (sylvania cool blue). I just got it from mechanics and running good. Charge relay and new wire. I got home wanted a cool blue light (brighter than stock light) work fine for a day and then the lights fuse 15amp blown. I replaced it and back and running but today lights off again. I had to hold the flasher high beam button to start the engine after dash dials move.

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/HighPerformance/CoolBlue/ProductLine/

I believe it was the 9003 Cool Blue Headlight or H7 Cool Blue Headlight I don't think it's the H7.

Could this be the issue with wrong watts being passed causing light fuse to blew.

I didn't get a chance to check the fuse because I was running late so lunch time I can get a better look at the fuses. I believe the high beam flasher may have blown also. Horn work

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
When using a high wattage bulb lik that you're best off using a relay to power it directly from the battery.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Looking at that light bulb, it's the standard 55/60 W bulb. I can't see how the bulb alone would have caused a problem. Check your connections to the bulb and make sure that they are tight and clean. A dirty or loose connection can cause higher amperage that could blow the fuse.

-Ken

1 - 3 of 3 Posts