Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Guys
I've been reading a bit on lighter flywheels & am sold on the idea as must do.

The Yanks seem to love the Nichols lite flywheels.
Do we have a local guy that makes the same realy lite flywheels or do we need to do a import it on our own?

Now with a realy lite flywheels, does this put a lot of stress on the crank if we give it a hit when doing low revs? (i have a S2R 800)

Rickoz

·
Registered
474 Posts
Ron at Flywheels has posted somewhere around here a pretty detailed analysis of the pros and cons of a lighter flywheel. not sure where right at the moment sorry......

I've been considering it also and have found Californian Cycleworks to be the cheapest on item cost alone. drop Chris an email.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Rickoz said:
Do we have a local guy that makes the same realy lite flywheels or do we need to do a import it on our own?
Brad Black from Moto One in Melbourne has posted before about machining down the stock Ducati flywheel, I'm sure he can arrange for that or tell you where to get that done. I suspect the only people likely to make an aftermarket one locally would be Vee Two in Perth...

big

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
veetwo dont make em, but we'll machine the old one down, but any machine shop can do that...
apparently DP stoped makiing the ally ones because there was issues with the spline flogging out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts