Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds cool enough, very $$$, but I just can't visualize how it hooks up...
http://motostrano-store.com/dumoliplhu.html

What do ya think? Anybody seen one of these on a bike? I assume by cruiser style, that it attaches to the end of the swing arm and holds plate vertically???

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh Ha... Thanks for the link... Interesting, but still seems to be an awful lot of dough...

G

·
I refuse the wear a license plate like a piece of jewelry, so I jammed mine up under the seat in front of the tire. A lot cheaper, too.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, don't want the thing, just didn't see how it worked... $150+ way too much to put you plate in plain view!!!

G

·
I just made a license plate bracket with some 1/8" aluminum sheet and corner stock welded together... cost to me $0, cost to my company, pennies to them.

I used the mounting screws of the beer tray and the licence plate bracket that came with the bike. Now the plate is right under the seat and looks damn good.

Forget $159, that's too much to put the plate in clear view.

G

·
When I did the tailchop I was going to leave the blinkers off cuz I found this cruiser license holder that had LED's all around it. The top and bottom always stayed lit but also served as the brake light. The left and right sides were the blinker LED's.

I don't have a pic anymore but it was cool. I was thinking of taking the entire brake light out too and putting that in it's place. I have all these good ideas. ;) Someone please do it!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I did the tailchop I was going to leave the blinkers off cuz I found this cruiser license holder that had LED's all around it.

G

·
Yeah Steve..I know what you mean about the chrome. I don't care for it too much either. You can tell I'm not an HD guy! ;)

The flush mounts I bought have a chrome looking shell. I'm thinking about painting them or taking em in for black. They just don't look right on my matte silver bike. :-/

BTW..still gotta get out for a ride!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BTW..still gotta get out for a ride!
Hell Yes!
I joined the "local" Ducait club last week... Desert ducatisiti or whatever... haven't done anything with them yet, went to a couple of bars with my brothers last weekend for bike week... My oldest brother is a BIGTIME harley guy... I think that he thinks he can convert me... HAHAHA! Anyway, I heard on the news this morning that it is supposed to rain this weekend... But we should definitely try to line something up!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts