Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
After a little "scuffle" with a towtruck driver this morning, I noticed my license plate was crunched under my bike. I was thinking that he kicked it in but then after a careful inspection, I realized it was likely done after I went over a big bump. :-/

The whole section under my seat (where the plate was attached by 2 brackets) was cracked in half. I now have it attached directly under the tail light. I don't believe it will hit the tire again but I am concerned it will eventually do the same thing (crack it) to this CHEAP plastic part.

I am thinking about making a bracket to attach it this weekend. Any never-before-seen pics out there for some new ideas?

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
yup, bro'man. that's happened to me too. when i made my new plate bracket my license would get bent and wedged between the tire and hugger. easy fix though, i just bent the bracket upwards out of the way.

now the license plate looks battered, just like my jacket!

·
Registered
849 Posts
My tire sucked my carbon fiber hugger in the other day. No clue how that might've happened.

Okay that wasn't helpful, just sharing...

-R.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Adam, far be it from me to say told you so. :p

Same thing happened to me with my first bracket (next time I see you, check out my plate, it's still all mangled). I just bent the mounting brackets outward to solve the problem.
dion

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
I have the Pro Italia kit on mine and got pulled over twice because the license was angled too far up.

·
Registered
5 Posts

This should get rid of the problem...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts