Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I'm looking at my 1st mod, the obvious tail chop. I've seen some posts on concerns with licence plate visibility and the cops. I read the HTA; if it's visible and lit it's legal, the one catch is that it has to be visible to redlight and toll road cameras.

So here's the thing - I'm looking at the Atomic stealth chop which puts the plate under the seat in front of the rear wheel (like this month featured bike). Has anyone in Ontario done this mod, and any trouble with the cops? I love the look but prefer to avoid fines, so any input, including from police members would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dr B,

I've used an Evotech Fender Eliminator on my 796 and haven't run into any trouble with Ottawa police. I haven't run any redlights (with cameras), so I can't say anything for certain in that regard.

·
Super Moderator
3,593 Posts
Dr B,

I've used an Evotech Fender Eliminator on my 796 and haven't run into any trouble with Ottawa police. I haven't run any redlights (with cameras), so I can't say anything for certain in that regard.
Or maybe you did, hahaha................. They just didn't know who to bill for it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dr B.

There are quite a few bikes with the "Stealth" kit in Canada. I have not heard of any of them getting harassed or in trouble for it. Of course if you run the red light doing a wheelie there is no way they will see you:)

Ty

·
Registered
296 Posts
I would love to have something, not that I ride recklessly, but photo radar tickets are ridiculous!! I see people doing stupid things(running lights etc) and there are no cops to see it, then I get home and there is photo ticket for doing 9km over the speed limit!! LOL biter? Yes!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I would love to have something, not that I ride recklessly, but photo radar tickets are ridiculous!! I see people doing stupid things(running lights etc) and there are no cops to see it, then I get home and there is photo ticket for doing 9km over the speed limit!! LOL biter? Yes!
This looks pretty cool to solve that problem: http://www.ghostplate.com/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts