Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a hard time finding the proper clutch lever for my 07 S2R 800 (which is evidently the same for the 695/696 Monsters). Specifically, the tab on the bottom of the clutch lever that engages the neutral kill switch on the ones that I've tried (ASV) doesn't come close to the switch (it's in the wrong place on the lever). A phone call and an e-mail exchange with the ASV tech guy confirm that there is an "issue" with some Ducati models (S2R obviously) and they're working on a fix. I'm wondering if the knowledge bank here has experienced any of this and if there are any after market levers out there that actually work properly (engage the neutral kill switch)? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Contact Jeff at www.monsterparts.com. There are plenty of levers that are made for that model bike (same as mine btw). I know for a fact that CRG and Pazzo have the correct tab on theirs for Ducs with the coffin style reservoirs. If you want to stick with the ASVs, Jeff used to carry a little adapter that was made for the original CRGs that had the same problem which you seem to be facing with the ASVs. I didn't see the adapter on the site but contact Jeff and he may be able to help you out.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just put ASV's on my 696, and the tab they included worked fine... after looking closely at the picture of how to properly install it ;)

At first I tried to just toss it on there and it wasn't close to lining up properly. So I'm not much help here - I have a different bike, mine works, etc. just wanted to point out that tab can go on a couple ways, but only one way works.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i just installed new bar, mirrors and clutch & brake levers on my 696 but now my clutch is slipping can somebody help me with how to adjust the clutch
thanks............Fatz

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have tried twice to get the ASV's installed. The first time they shipped the wrong pin with the clutch lever (a known issue apparently). After finally getting the correct one the dealer still had to file it down a bit. That was disturbing to me but Ok I guess. Then with the brake there were 2 settings, either basically with no play and really grabby or so much play you had to pull it almost all the way in. I have the Pazzo's and do like them but was just wanting the additional adjustability with the ASV's. But I'm not going to fool with them any more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts