Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What say we explore some new roads, find some new playgrounds?

Anybody have some good possibilities?

G

·
Has anyone taken the Silverwood Lake road exit to Lake Arrowhead? It's similar to the Palomar, only longer! I drove this in my car before but never on the bike. I remember it being quite smooth. I recently drove the 74 hwy to Palm Desert. It's a long drive but well worth it!

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jiro's suffering from withdrawals... :p

Ryan, you've turned into a track wh0re.... ;)

Good thoughts, Desmoboy. I'll check those out on my maps, see what it looks like. Smooth is nice!

G

·
Someone who used to live here told me about somewhere in the desert? I am trying to remember......he used a name of a sea and I think it was salt water? Said it was a great road. I will post it if I can find it.
oh I agree Button Willow would be good.....how much would that cost
for a group buy?

G

·
How about the area around Ojai? It's a haul to get there but a nice ride once you do. Or how about the Lake Hughes Road run again? We're the only two who made it last time.....I'd be new to most.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Did the 33 once with Lucas, must be the most beautiful stretch of asphalt on this planet. I would do that again in a heartbeat. Did Lake Hughes once, wasn't too impressed. The bottom part is too bumpy, for the way my bikes are set up at least, and you have to go 130mph on the top part to really feel the turns... :eek:

All other suggestions sound like fun, too. I always wanted to see the Salton Sea, never thought there'd be motorcycle roads there. Lake Arrowhead, Big Bear - let's do it.

Linda, of course we can't do Big Bear unless you lead us there. ;D

-R.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Linda, of course we can't do Big Bear unless you lead us there. ;D

-R.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Just got back from ACH. A buddy needed a shoulder to lean on, his marriage is going down the drain and so I took him on a little tour... Had b-fast and Newcomb's but resisted Wrightwood. We did the usual Big T. to Palmdale to Bouquet...

Weather and visibility were awesome. Only got abit chilly at the bottom of Angeles Forrest, everything else was nice and warm. If this holds up we should have an excellent holiday season.

-R.

PS: Linda, I don't think you're slow?? :-*

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds like we're closing in on a Sunday ride.

Maybe a loop up ACH, East past Wrightwood , past Silverwood Lake to Arrowhead, then ...?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
See the map below, but it spits us out in Beautiful Downtown San Bernardino, otherwise known as the 'Jewel Of The Inland Empire". ;)

North half of the loop is 130 miles of some really good stuff.
South half of the loop is 70 miles of superslab punishment.

As an alternative, it may be a good plan to U-Turn at the easternmost extent, and head back past Arrowhead and then down ACH. The run down the hill into San Berdoo may be pretty thick with tourist cages on a Sunday afternoon, and the superslab going west may not be much better.

How about meeting at the Shell Station at the base of ACH at 9:00 am?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Well, I've got my own ride planned. Headed out I-10 in the Cage...yes a 3/4ton diesel suburban 4x4 SUV ...just me and the dog...and riding cross country to the East Coast. Should cost me about a grand in #2 diesel but I can sleep in the back if I get tired :) And if it snows somewhere around El Paso, I've got 4 wheel:)

Anyways, you guys have a great ride...great holiday...and I'll see you in the new year. Buttonwillow, Willow SPings, Cal Speedway all sound go to me. No cops!!!

Cheers,

George

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Drive safe, George. Blow the airhorn on that big-rig when you get to the I-15.

T-Vik, does that mean you're on for the ride, or turning wrenches???

·
Registered
600 Posts
Well, I gambled and scheduled my weekend chores so they all fall on Sunday. Knowing you guys, I was sure it was going to be a Saturday ride. Guess I don't know all of you THAT well...

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

1 - 20 of 45 Posts