Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll try this again...............since the iffy weather spooked all of us nervous nellies on Sunday 12/21.

Ironman Award again goes out to David, as he was the only one that showed up at the Shell Station. Mighty kind of us to leave him twisting slowly in the wind.

Any day works for me, Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

The return leg for you Westsiders may be pretty grim if we ride on Sunday, so be forewarned.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Copied from the previous thread:

North half of the loop is 130 miles of some really good stuff.
South half of the loop is 70 miles of superslab punishment.

As an alternative, it may be a good plan to U-Turn at the easternmost extent, and head back past Arrowhead and then down ACH. The run down the hill into San Berdoo may be pretty thick with tourist cages on a Sunday afternoon, and the superslab going west may not be much better.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Saturday or Sunday works for me!! Hope the weather holds out and that they don't close the road to Wrightwood. Just in case they close the road (expecting SNOW Xmas day) we could still ride up to Newcombs for a bite to eat, back down over 9 Mile (some know it as Upper Big T, or Triple Digit Road!!) to Angeles Forest and Mt. Emma over to the 138 and onward!! Sound ok to you Nick?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, If the ACH is closed to Wrightwood, then that's a good workaround.

We'll have to see what the weather brings. Seems like it warmed up quite a bit today.

Late tomorrow may bring a halfway reliable weather forecast for the weekend. Maybe. :-/

·
Registered
600 Posts
Pasadena Weather Forecast
25-Thu: Few Showers Hi64-Lo42 :'(
26-Fri: Mostly Sunny Hi62-Lo38 :)
27-Sat: Mostly Sunny Hi62-Lo39 :)
28-Sun: Partly Cloudy Hi62-Lo45 :(

I'm sure the weather up in the mountains will differ, but it does give us an idea what to expect.

So when's it going to be?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts