Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALIZED
I'll check this thread again in the morning if any new takers are present, I'll know to expect them.

1. Retro ( Will expect him)
2. Jiro (Not sure of his Saturday plans, will expect him)
3. Spaceman (will show up!)
3 terrible_viking (deduced from his post)

-Spaceman.

LOCATION : usual corner of Sunset Blvd. and Hwy 1. North East corner Chevron station.

TIME : SATURDAY 01-17-04, 10:00 am. Will wait for 15-20 mins for everyone to show up.

CIRCUIT : Mullholland Hwy with a stop over at RockStore, and Latigo Canyon, We'll ride north to the corner of Pepperdine University on HWY 1 (i think its HWY 1 and Malibu Cyn), so if anyone is late, you might be able to find us there.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
A couple of my friends and myself are riding up to Willow for the races on Sunday if anyone wants to join up! ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
600 Posts
I may be able to get out this weekend. I'll know better towards the end of the week.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am always up here in the canyons.....if anyone wants to meet up at cross creek let me know, I will see if I can make it.....

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
kevdusmc just took delivery of his new S4 and is looking to start the break-in in style.

Sounds like a Saturday Morning ride on ACH, maybe Upper Big T, Bouquet and more?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FINALIZED
I'll check this thread again in the morning if any new takers are present, I'll know to expect them.

1. Retro ( Will expect him)
2. Jiro

·
Registered
600 Posts
Looks like I can make it. SUNDAY would be better.

Anyone getting Monday 19th off (Martin Luther King, Jr Day)?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Guess I wasn't real specific...I'm gonna ride this weekend.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jiro,
How does your SATURDAY look? my sunday doesn't look too good.

Anyone else have a problem with saturday?

SpeedDog, saturday is alright with you?

I'll finalize the roster Friday afternoon. Will be nice if more are confirmed :D

-Spaceman.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Dang! Here I go again, missing yet another ride! :mad: Will be riding up ACH at 7:00 AM on Saturday; but need to leave early. Have a date with some mud at Glen Ivy!! You all have a great time and be careful - be safe!

BTW - there was a cop fest last Saturday AM on ACH, so if you go up that way, keep an eye out! Yet another reason to go up early!! Also Caltrans has been laying down a lot of cinder rock on Lower Ladybug (sign posted 25 MPH left hander before Mt. Wilson) this week so watch out! Hopefully they stopped, but it was still nasty on Wed. The hill was calling me and the weather was perfect so played hooky from work and took a ride! ;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Hey everyone,
I'm not trying to be a party pooper or hijack this thread, but I'm planning on bonding with my new machine tomorrow morning and have planned a route. I'm going to start in Sunland and head out on AFH toward Mt. Emma, and then may come back through Bouquet, etc. If anyone is interested in that, great. If you guys are doing the Rock Store area or another ride, don't worry about me and I'll catch up w/ you next time.
Kev

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
I'd love to go, but my bike's in the shop for another week getting the battery acid damaged fixed. I should be back in the saddle the following weekend, if anyone wants to ride.

You guys have fun.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
--------------snip---------
I'm going to start in Sunland and head out on AFH toward Mt. Emma, and then may come back through Bouquet, etc.
-------------snip-----------
Kev
That's a good ride, I'm on for that. After last weeks close inspection of an Explorer bumper on ACH....I'd rather give thar road a little rest.

Meet at Coco's?
What time works for you?

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
That's a good ride, I'm on for that. After last weeks close inspection of an Explorer bumper on ACH....I'd rather give thar road a little rest.

Meet at Coco's?
What time works for you?
Awesome. I am very flexible on the meet time. How about 9:30 a.m. at Coco's?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Works for me, see you At Coco's at 9:30am. It'll have warmed up a little by then, & I won't have to leave before sunrise ;)

·
Registered
849 Posts
Coco's: 10521 Sunland Blvd. Just a bit east of the 210.

Mt. Emma road is basically a straightaway, right? Only done it once, and it's a long time ago - can't remember any real curves there?

Kevin, I'd do something really tight for break-in. Like Little Tujunga to Spunky Canyon or so. Varying revs are built in there, unlike the wide-open-sweeper-route you chose.

Just a suggestion, it'll be a great ride either way. I think I might stay local and do Malibu. Will see tomorrow AM.

-R.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Guys sounds good. I tried to get everything done to be free all week end but unable to complete the mission....I am around Sunday though....if anyone is up for the canyons up here....
Have a great run I would have liked to go with very much, and some of you I have yet to meet. So next time, or perhaps Sunday..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts