Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;D I just had my exhaust installed today. It only took about a half hour and they fit perfectly. 8) The leos line up even in the back and don't have any of the s-pipe problems I've heard about on this board that some people seem to have with the sils.
So far the Monster is making 61 hp with 48 ftlbs of torque. With just the jet kit and a k&n filter it was 58 and 46. The mechanic thinks we can get a little more with some more dyno work so I'll keep everyone posted.

V

·
0 Posts
Im interested in getting a set of high mount Leo's. Could you tell me where and how much $$ you got it from.

Does anyone have a picture of the Leo system on their bike?

Any thoughts on the sound?? What is the dB rating?
:-/

R

·
0 Posts

sorry don't have high mounts.......google them and you will find dealers if none of the sponsors here carry them....Not sure why they are not more popular, the fit and build quality are great.....
they have a unique sound...I would say maybe not as deep as some? I like them a lot don't know how loud mine are, they set off car alrams.....try searching here also there was a post in the past about them, they are distributed under another name now it seems.....I will try to find the web site...

scuz the large image.
can't find the info leovinci-america does not work, and I thought
indigo was distributing them? dunno what the dealio is....try our sponsors....

V

·
0 Posts
Hey Retro, Thanks for your input.

How are they on longer rides? Does your head ring after hours in the saddle?
I saw them distributed by Indigo, but whats the deal with the INDIGO logo on their cans? Why whould they put their dealer logo on? I'd much rather have "Leovinci" on them than the stupid blue logo. I'd rather sponsor the company, not the distributer! :mad:

·
Registered
796 Posts
I was on a Kawasaki forum talking about Indigo and the scoop I got was that they USED to be a distributor and now they are building their own cans under the Indigo name. So they are not Leo pipes. I have heard that the Indigo cans are not too bad though.

R

·
0 Posts
Hey Retro, Thanks for your input.
How are they on longer rides? Does your head ring after hours in the saddle?
I don't think they are so loud sitting in front of them....dunno, no ringing anyways.....but I think I am going to start wearing earplugs.....I think the noise eventually is tiresome after long rides. Music but tiresome....

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got my exhaust from my dealer Moto Milano here in Maine. I think western power sports took over the Leo distributership. There is a thread on it somewhere here.
I don't really know about the noise as I've just installed the pipes and only heard them run on the dyno. A friend has a set on his M620 and they don't seem overly loud. These are really nice pipes and they are made in Italy 8)

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
I had leo ti lows before I wrecked. They got a bit scraped up, and pushed into the swing arm which dented and bent them :(. I really liked them and the titanium never dented till I wrecked. I don't know why they got such a bad rap for dents. The sound was different but I liked other exhausts better. I just like loud and deep. Other than that they were great pipes.

memonstro, i got 63 hp and 48 l/ft of torque out of my 750 with the leo's, open K&N and Stage II Jet kit. So you can look forward to getting at least that. By the way, I my friend just got a CBR F3 with a Leo pipe on it, I saw today. Speak of the devil.

by the way, my stage II kit is for sale if anyone is interested.

-Patrick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts