Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got Leo Vince high mount CF cans and theyre leaking from the ring that is riveted to the cf canister that meets the pipe. both sides equally. Anyone else with this problem? Do most slip ons leak? they are one year old, but have leaked pretty much the whole time. Makes for noxious moments at red lights...
I've debated whether or not this is even a problem..

O

·
0 Posts
in the off season take them apart to repack, if needed. when you slip the parts back together use some high temp silicone.

V

·
0 Posts
i have this same problem w/ my one of my leo pipes. contacted both the shop where i bought the pipes and the usa LV distributor here, and they both said the same thing. basically they said that cf is more difficult to seal than ur AL or Ti cannisters, and sometimes their is not enough sealant used between the ring and the CF sleeve. the distributor said i could send the leaky cannister to him and he would reseal it or he could send me the sealant and i could do it myself. problem, is unless u still have ur stock cans still, might not be able to ride for awhile. :)

hope that helps.
val

T

·
0 Posts
Maybe you should up grade to m4's.

Where have you been blue?

Over 80bikes at MMK last week. I was all alone on my 750. :'(
The earplug people were there and I had some molds made.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts