Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a small article in one of the rags that Leo Vince is out of business & since Akrapovic & Audi are bed partners...it won't be long before Termi's are gone from the stock Ducati Performance catalog. This can't be good:(

·
Registered
974 Posts
For a while, it seemed like Leo Vince was going to go away, but from what I understand, it was the Polish manufacturer of Leo Vince products, Promet, that was having the financial difficulties, but Promet was recently saved by the Adler Group, another Polish manufacturer of OEM automotive products, and they announced that they plan on assisting Promet with continuing production of Leo Vince products.

·
Registered
974 Posts

So, let me get this straight...

Tim Calhoun, ex-Vice President of Leo Vince USA, purchased the rights to market/distribute Leo Vince products in the US in October 2013, and then installed himself as CEO of Leo Vince USA, and the "new" company is now completely separate from (the real, European) Leo Vince. And now Leo Vince USA is only a distribution company that markets select Leo Vince products and select products from other brands.

I think that's the gist. Yes?

·
Registered
53 Posts
since Akrapovic & Audi are bed partners...it won't be long before Termi's are gone from the stock Ducati Performance catalog. This can't be good:(
Very unlikely that Termi and Ducati alter their long-standing partnership.

I can't see having Akropovic as an alternative a bad thing
Akro stuff is awesome, but very unlikely to see them as an official Ducati Performance exhaust.

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Consider it likely as Akrapovic has announced they are the official sponsor for Ducati Corse.

http://www.akrapovic.com/#!/news/11305/akrapovic-and-ducati-corse-a-passionate-partnership
Not quite: Ducati Corse and Ducati Performance are completely different.
Ducati Performance branded parts are available through Ducati dealers only, and are "approved" for use on Ducati street going motorcycles. This is where you find Termi.

Ducati Corse- and more specifically Ducati Corse MotoGP- is what is discussed in the link. Akro exhaust is sponsoring the MotoGP team. I doubt you will be able to simply purchase one of the Akro pipes for a GP14 through your local Ducati dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts