Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2003 Monster 800. I went on a 4000 mile gorgeous solo journey this summer, my litlle monster was like a perfect pony. Awesome. I wore out a set of tires and when I returned to LA, I brought my baby in for tires and routine service. That was in September. When I got the once perfect Monster back, it felt all wrong. Undescribable vibration of unknown origin, fuel mixture problems, rough, and ugly and very far from from perfection. It was Never the same again. It has been back in service since Sept. 26, and no one, including Ducati North America's top guys can get it to run right. No longer under warranty. what do I do? I want my perfect little monster back. But if it will never be able to run right again, who's responsible? Less than 14000 miles. Sad in California.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Well if it's out of warranty and they cant fix it. call the DUCSHOP in Atlanta. www.ducshop.com

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Sorry, but if it was perfect when you brought it in, they serviced it and now it doesn't run right, the shop who serviced it needs to make it right, whatever it takes...

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
NAKID said:
Sorry, but if it was perfect when you brought it in, they serviced it and now it doesn't run right, the shop who serviced it needs to make it right, whatever it takes...
Welcome to the board, amelia666 ;D

Yeah, they should, they aer responsble, but what if they can't? Do give them another shot since you paid them good money, but at some point you may need to go to someone more competent, then try and deal with the other shop later. Do keep careful records of everything. If you tell us your locale someone may be able to make a recommendation for a competant shop..

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
NAKID said:
[/Yep they serviced it and now it is sick , did they have a proper Ducati tech or some kid to work on it. DNA should have some responsibility . u need some tech with love for these machines.

jerry

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
kopfjager said:
Well if it's out of warranty and they cant fix it. call the DUCSHOP in Atlanta. www.ducshop.com
Yeah a trip across the country is just what she needs to fix her bike. She is in So Cal.

What shop is this? Where in So Cal are you?

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
ducman851 said:
Yeah a trip across the country is just what she needs to fix her bike. She is in So Cal.

What shop is this? Where in So Cal are you?
DrDuc.....can fix it [thumbsup]

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Sounds like you need to get to know Chris at CA Cycleworks. [thumbsup]

I agree with the others. If the bike was right when you took it in, and wrong when you picked it up, the shop needs to fix it for you.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Are the things that are wrong with the bike quantifyable things, or just seat of the pants "feel"? Did they ride the bike before you brought it in? What if the shop gives you the BS of "thats how it road when it came in!" Does the shop admit that it left service worse than it came in? If they dont admit it is worse than before and say that nothing is broken, then how could you prove they messed it up?

Just playing devils advocate, sorry that your bike isnt right :'(

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
bobspapa said:
DrDuc.....can fix it [thumbsup]
Not sure about that BP, but maybe we can get her to the right place. [thumbsup]

Count Desmo said:
Sounds like you need to get to know Chris at CA Cycleworks. [thumbsup]

I agree with the others. If the bike was right when you took it in, and wrong when you picked it up, the shop needs to fix it for you.
Chris doesnt do service, except on his own stuff.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
ducman851 said:
Chris doesnt do service, except on his own stuff.
I'm not local so I just assumed he did. Either way, he knows his stuff and has always been helpful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts