Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just swapped my turn signals on my M1100 to the Rizoma Avio 21 LEDs and I've got a question.

These lights come with a voltage box and two resistors per side that make the LED draw the same power as the stock units. If I hook up the two resistors, the flashing rate is the same as stock, but without the resistors it's quite a bit faster.

My question is - where do you hide all of this crap on a naked bike? For the rear signals, I can strap them down under the seat, but the front is a whole different issue. I'm going to dismantle the headlight assemble to see if there's a spot to hide them up there, but I'm not optimistic. Even if I skip the resistors and let it flash fast, there's still these little voltage boxes that need to be hidden.

If I had a good electrical diagram of the bike, then make I could find a spot further back on the bike and splice the gear in there. Ideas?

·
Registered
39 Posts
How big are the voltage boxes? Can't the resistors be hidden in the wiring or are they too big? Sorry, I've never seen the kit you purchased.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should take some pictures - maybe I will later this week.

The voltage box is about the size of a quarter, and maybe 1/4 inch thick. Each resister is about 1.5 inches long and a 1/4 inch thick. Add the wiring and the plugs, and multiply by two and you get a mass of wire and components about 2x1x1 inches in size.

Compounding the problem in the rear is that I just installed a tail eliminator (Evotech) that doesn't have much room to hide all of this crap without interfering with the seat latch or the exhaust valve actuator.

Interestingly enough, I removed the resistors and slammed it all together last night, figuring I would figure it out how to fit it all on some rainy weekend, and they are now flashing at the regular rate rather than the fast rate. I can't explain it, since I definitely observed a fast flash without the resistors first, but it's almost like the bike compensated for the lower load automagically.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts